Platinum Gift

Pom Lover

I've sailed on 8 cruises with Carnival this year. Last week I got coffee mugs with a sample of coffee and tea included. They are heavy with lids. Not sure what I'm going to do with 6 of them. I prior received zippered bags, that are a great size and different from the beach bags of several months ago.

Edited by Budget Queen

We did a B2B in December and received the mesh like bags, we sailed in March and received the Tervis Tumblers and now in July with different gifts. We must be timing it perfectly. We are looking forward to the coffee cups as we are definitely coffee drinkers.

Sounds like everyone is getting different gifts. Guess it will just depend on what they have on the ship...no big deal. We certainly don't sail for the free gift. My husband will be thrilled with another Turvis Tumbler. We love the two we have.

I love that we get these gifts, but it looks like we seem to get the things that don't sell very well on board. Like the Baseball caps from the cruise last Oct. we never wear these kind of hats so we gave them away. This time, last weekend it was metal lined coffee mugs which we will never use cause we can't warm up your hot beverage in a microwave if it gets to cold, so another 2 things we will have to give away. Hope on our next cruise in Nov. it will be the Tervis cups I have heard so much about, we could use those & hoping is not the beach bags as we tons of those & don't need anymore if we get those we will have to give those away as well.

Edited by thepauls93

• 1 month later...

I would like a set off coffee mugs. I get good use out of my Turvis Tumblers, using them as a spare change coin accumulators towards my next cruise cash. LOL I cash them in when full, and put the paper$ back inside.

I've always thought a cool item would be a lightweight rain-jacket. Something with a hood to take along a rainy or muddy excursion. I mark that suggestion when I fill out my online comment/feedback surveys. :D

Edited by wiskt

My first Platinum gift was the hot/cold zippered beach bag (with all the Carnival logos on it), then the Tervis Tumbler and then the coffee mugs with coffee/tea samplers.

I'm bummed: I left my Tervis tumbler somewhere in Skagway in July. :eek::(

I'd go to eBay or something for a replacement, but it wouldn't be the same. :rolleyes:

I would like a set off coffee mugs. I get good use out of my Turvis Tumblers, using them as a spare change coin accumulators towards my next cruise cash. LOL I cash them in when full, and put the paper$ back inside.

I've always thought a cool item would be a lightweight rain-jacket. Something with a hood to take along a rainy or muddy excursion. I mark that suggestion when I fill out my online comment/feedback surveys. :D

Coffee mugs are nice but since they are not dishwasher or microsave safe DW asked me not to use them but stick them on shelf.

Light rainjacket would be an awesome and useful gift.

anyone? We missed a cruise in March and I'm thinking that was the VIP Tervis tumbler time frame :(. Anyone know now, cruising in 3 weeks.

Thanks!!

Currently in the Splendor in port canaveral instead of Grand Turk due to the storm and we got the coffee mugs last night.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone