Free things to do in Cayman Islands?

JaimieDean23

Hello! My husband and I are interested in several excursions on our Carnival Legend cruise, but I am curious if anyone has recommendations for free things to do or see in the Cayman Islands? Just weighing out our options! :) Thanks!

-Jaimie

Beaches are free...they are public. Unless you want to rent a lounger or umbrella, you can take your ship's beach towel, and have at it! There are restrooms up and down the beach, too!

You can walk around the port area...lots of shops (of course, if you buy something, it's not free!!)

There is a bus system ($2.50 pp), so, while not "free", it's still a bargain!

S.N.O.R.K.E.L. !!!! One of the best/easiest places to do it in the Caribbean. Costs nothing if you have your own mask and snorkel.

You'll need to pay for transportation to a good snorkeling spot. you can walk up to 7 mile beach but you may have to pay some rental fee for loungers at the various hotels there. I think Eden Rock Dive Sports has a charge for use of their facilities to snorkel from. But it's a shore snorkel to a nice reef, and a short walk from the tender wharf.

You'll need to pay for transportation to a good snorkeling spot. you can walk up to 7 mile beach but you may have to pay some rental fee for loungers at the various hotels there. I think Eden Rock Dive Sports has a charge for use of their facilities to snorkel from. But it's a shore snorkel to a nice reef, and a short walk from the tender wharf.

We snorkeled to Eden Rock from Paradise Grill, and while it cost us a snack and a beverage (which we would have purchased anyway) it did not cost anything to get into the water or watch them feed the fish there! There were plenty of people not taking advantage of a table and just snorkeling from there as well.

Sunset House does not charge for snorkeling there either, although I would never think to go there and NOT eat and drink some delicious food/beverages at My Bar. :) But I don't believe it's a requirement. I would hope people do purchase something if they are using the facilities.