Tell me about the drink packages...

the_princess

We are talking about getting the Allegrissimo package. We want a glass of wine for dinner, a few cocktails at night and soda and water during the day, will it be worth it? Are all cocktails included? And are they good? And it says something about ice cream???

We are talking about getting the Allegrissimo package. We want a glass of wine for dinner, a few cocktails at night and soda and water during the day, will it be worth it? Are all cocktails included? And are they good? And it says something about ice cream???

Yes you'll save some money with Allegrissimo if that is what you intend drinking. Not all, but most cocktails are included. Ones with champagne are not included. I think the cocktails are good. My favourites are the mojito and theB52. There are plenty to choose form.

Ice cream from the gelateria is included as long as it is just tubs or cones. Sundaes are extra.

The non alcholic cocktails and fresh juices from the vitamin bar are vey good too and are included, if you want to stick to soft drinks duringnthe day.

You can also get coffee like espresso, cappucino etc on the package.

Oh yes. Best value drinks package around. Even more so if you are buying it for a European cruise (you didn't say which)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yes. Best value drinks package around. Even more so if you are buying it for a European cruise (you didn't say which)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's for a European cruise. I read somewhere, that you can save the 15 % if you buy it before you sail? Is that still true?

Yeah, it's for a European cruise. I read somewhere, that you can save the 15 % if you buy it before you sail? Is that still true?

Yes that is correct. Prebook it as an onboard service and it will cost you €23 per person per day compared to €26.45 if you wait until you get onboard to buy it.

When you prebook an onboard service, it gets charged to your onboard account and you pay for it as part of your final bill when you leave the ship. Just take a printout with you showing you've prebooked it. Sometimes the ship doesn't seem to get details of all the prebook inns. If that happiness and you have document showing you booked, it will get fixed quicker.

The 15% is included in the price if you buy before you sail.

They will still want to swipe your card when you order drinks and will give you a receipt to sign that shows the value of the drinks credited down to zero.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Looks like the cost may have gone up unless they have a seperate pricing structure for Europe, the Venice to Dubai cruise Allegrissimo Adult package is £22 pppd. Last year for the Divina repo to Miami it was just £18 pppd.

Looks like the cost may have gone up unless they have a seperate pricing structure for Europe, the Venice to Dubai cruise Allegrissimo Adult package is £22 pppd. Last year for the Divina repo to Miami it was just £18 pppd.

It was normally £20 popped, but reduced to £18 on selected winter sailings. I've never booked it that way, always prebooking as an onboard service charged in euros which has been €23 pppd as it counts for onboard spend for the loyalty programme whereas prebooking and paying doesn't. I also prefer to pay later for what I'm having as I'd rather have the money in my account than MSC's!

Thank you for your answers. I called my agent and she said she couldn't pre-book it, we had to book on board, so I guess we have to pay the 15 %. We'll just get another cocktail ;-)

You should be able to book it yourself through the website.

At the top of the page go to ONBOARD SERVICES, and your allegrissimo packages will show. You just need your booking number.

I booked through a travel agent and was able to book packages excursions etc myself.

• 2 weeks later...

We get the drinks package every cruise after our first one on which we did not have one..it's awful limiting yourself as water has to be payed for too! It is totally worth getting, we get that one and the cocktails are great. Not all wines and cocktails are included, but many are! My fathers favourite is a BBC cocktail and mine, being an older teen who cannot drink yet, is the virgin strawberry daiquiri and a green apple juice with meals! You can get your money's worth easily (we payed €350-€400 and would have payed over €850 without the package!)

As for icecream, it is ice cream from the take away place in a come or cup, things not included are clearly marked though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't forget to consider the wine by the bottle packages. But remember that you can only enjoy that wine with meals, not at any of the lounges or pool side. That's why we will be doing a combo of vouchers and a 7 bittle wine package on the Divina.

Thank you for your answers. I called my agent and she said she couldn't pre-book it, we had to book on board, so I guess we have to pay the 15 %. We'll just get another cocktail ;-)

maryann2 is correct, you can book online as we did after purchasing our cruise through a TA! Follow her instructions and save 15%!:eek:

At that price in Europe, the drink pkge is a great value!

If you add it to your onboard spending, the amount will go towards additional pts. in the loyalty club! If you pre-pay, the amount will not go towards extra pts. in the loyalty club! :D

Remember to join the loyalty club when you come home, the pts. add up fast, and currently 100 pts. = 20% off future cruises, and many other freebies/benes.!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We will be doing Med Nov 2 on Fantasia.

About how much is the wine package? And vouchers?

I don't think we need all u can drink w 9 ports in 11 days.

Most evenings we will be a couple hours w friends at dinner table

so I thought wine bottle pck would be better.

But I just don't know!!!

Yay!! Finally another person on the Nov 2nd sailing of Fantasia!! We have booked the Allegrissimo Package--the regular one, not the premium one. I think that it works out to about $35USD a day--I looked at the prices of some of the drinks on other ships, and they were about $8.88USD each (6.50 euros)--so if you have more than 4 drinks (cocktails or wine) or drink coffees and sodas, and, yes, water, you will easily go over that amount every day--and that also includes ice cream--my downfall!!

Really looking forward to the cruise--I've been to Italy before, but my husband has not. His last cruise was on the QE when he was a child moving to the states--so it's been a bit. He is an Aussie/Brit (dual citizenship) and I am a California Blonde (double whammy--blonde senior!!!). We both currently reside in the US Virgin Islands (for the last 13 years!). I worked on a cruise ship in Tahiti for 10 months in the mid 80s, and have taken 5 cruises since--okay, okay--it took me over 25 years to get on a ship again, but got bitten bad by the cruise bug this past year. Cheers!

But I just don't know!!!

The "All you can drink" package is the way to go for you even with your limited drinking ( similar to mine) as you will need soft drinks / water to take on your shore excursions , you just ask for them unopened, don't forget it includes the gelato and coffees you can get in the some of the bars.

It is also valid on disembarkation day (provided you settle your bill by credit card) and again you can get cans of soft dinks / beer or bottles of water for your onward journey as well as while you wait to get off.

I've had it twice now and on each occassion i have "spent" at least twice as much as it cost me.

Pete

But I just don't know!!!

The wine packages can be seen at the website under on board services, beverage packages. You can buy vouchers for drinks (both alcoholic and non alcoholic), and supplement it with a wine package--be aware, the wine package is good ONLY in the restaurants--not poolside or at the bars--the drink vouchers can be used anywhere. Cheers!

Thank you all! We are looking forward, too. DH has been to Rome several times, first time many years ago studying during college and stayed a few months. He can speak language but is rusty. We plan on Rome 4 nights after cruise.

We are travelling w 2 other couples ( one couple we met many yrs ago on CC)

They are going to Australia next month.

I did not know you could take water/sodas/BEER off ship, but don't think I would want a beer that early! but hey on vacation , when in rome.....

And I thought w so many port days. Both of us would be $770. for all inclusive. So I thought a wine 10 bottle package, couple books of vouchers or even 3 books would be under 350. which is half the all inclusive-- What am I missing here??

Thank you all! We are looking forward, too. DH has been to Rome several times, first time many years ago studying during college and stayed a few months. He can speak language but is rusty. We plan on Rome 4 nights after cruise.

We are travelling w 2 other couples ( one couple we met many yrs ago on CC)

They are going to Australia next month.

I did not know you could take water/sodas/BEER off ship, but don't think I would want a beer that early! but hey on vacation , when in rome.....

And I thought w so many port days. Both of us would be $770. for all inclusive. So I thought a wine 10 bottle package, couple books of vouchers or even 3 books would be under 350. which is half the all inclusive-- What am I missing here??

is the 10 bottle wine package valid on your cruise ?as on the uK web site it is only avilable for the DIVINA on caribean on Grand cruises, not med cruises.

Don't underestimate the amount of fluid you'll need in the med.

As far as i recall he vouchers were books of 10 (for the price of 8 drnks) i would say 1 book will last 1 person 2 to 2.5 days so you'll need 4 minimum and possibly 6 books for 11 days, per person

FRom the UK Web site

Dinner wine - 10 bottles

10 bottles of house-brand wine to accompany your dinner in restaurant; to select between 2 red, 1 rosè and 2 white wines. Vouchers can be consumed only in main restaurants.

More details Book now

Destination ............... Ship.......... Year

Caribbean

MSC Grand Voyages.....MSC Divina..... 2014

Caribbean

MSC Grand Voyages..... MSC Divina .... 2013

That's my thoughts on what you're missing apart from coffee and ice cream (which is a must)

Based on actual experience of mSC cruising in the med and how much fluid w neeeded as i say you can take it off wfth you as well

Pete

Edited by Skier52

JUst looked at aviaialable drinkds packages (pre-bookable) for my med cruie in NOV 2014

and these are what is available prices in euros im afraid

bev1.jpg

bev2.jpg

THis may help as you asked for the prices

NB (1st)

NO 10 bottle wine package on the list.

NB (2nd) wine packags (6 bottles) are PER PERSON 115 or 160 or 230 euros so 230 320 460 euros (per couple)

You;ll need double that for 11 days (i'm talking wine here) so it's now 460 or 640 or 820 euros per couple for just the wine

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Just noticed that you get watr with the wine packages and you have to have 2 white, 3 red and 1 rose in each package

I also ignored the cheap (4 bottle ) PLONK package, but even that will work out at 414 euros per couple .. 3 packages therefore 69 x 3 x 2 = 414 euros

Using 1 euro = 1.35 USD

the totals i gave in euos work out as

460 euros = 621 USD

640 euros = 864 USD

820 euros = 1107 USDD

All inclusive (770 USD) is therefore cheaper and BETTER

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you have just 12 bottles per couple Per 11 days that is still at least 310 USD, which is just about your total estimate, then add on vouchers and you'll be getting near if not beyond 770 USD

3 beer packages is 280 USD for 4 beers per couple per day (42 beers in 11 days between 2 people)

Total now 590 USD

Still no coffees. soft drinks, freshly squeezed OJ at breakfast, cocktails or ice cream included but you do get water included

Edited by Skier52