photos and the photo package

We are going on Allure in a couple of weeks. I love pictures and photos and will take plenty and will probably ask alot of people to take mine and DH's picture so we can be together on not just one of us in the pictures. My question is this, Is there someone just randomly walking around taking pictures of the guests everywhere on the ship that you can purchase? Or is it just special times, formal night, dinner time, show times, etc. I would love to purchase a package, but how do I know how many photos will be taken to make sure I get my money's worth buying the picture packages?

I hope my questions make sense.

:D Thanks,

There are people walking about somewhat randomly, some what predictably was well. It is mostly the special times you mentioned, but you do see them occasionally. If you do one of the pacakges you can definitely seek them out when you see them around the ship. They may also tell you that they are doing so at a particular function or on the pool deck at a specific time.

During evenings also note that there are usually a few different locations to get your picture taken with different backdrops. So seek them all out and get your picture at all of them. Also, usually there are photographers right off the ship with signs for the port, etc. So look for them as well. The private islands also usually have photographers roaming around.

We purchased the package and probably brought home 100 photos. We def got our money worth. There were people randomly taking photos on deck every day. Each night at dinner time at least two sets were available for pics. Formal nights three to five were available. Then there was a photographer at the main dining room three nights and one at the port every day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Navigator and pre-purchased the photo package with both the digital and print options. We definitely got our money's worth. We brought home over 120 8x10 prints and there were 177 photos on our disc. We took our kids plus my mother so we had 3 cabins total which they linked together. There were also pics of other people in our group but not in our cabins that ended up on our disc (even if no one in our 3 linked cabins were in the photo) so that was strange but we definitely didn't mind. We could have added all their printed photos in and the person working the photo desk wouldn't have caught it because they didn't look at any of the pics in our folio. It was kind of weird.

We probably wouldn't purchase the package if it were just my husband and I traveling but will definitely do it again if we have the family with us.

$249 if pre purchased. On board I noticed it was $299. On board 15 pic package was $249. So we got a steal. We haven't had family photos taken since my son was 1. He's now 3. And the pics of him and his sister were awesome, too. We would have spent more than that at a prof photographer if we would have done a sitting.

We just got off the Navigator and pre-purchased the photo package with both the digital and print options...

... We took our kids plus my mother so we had 3 cabins total which they linked together. ... ....

With 3 cabins linked together, do you pay for 1 photo package or 3 photo packages?

Thank you for explanation.

Our next cruise will be 3 cabins linked together with our grandchildren et al.:)

I was on the Navigator in May and probably had about 20-30 pictures on my account. It wouldn’t have been worth the package for me. But, my question though, how do you get over 100 pictures taken? I saw the photographers at dinner, formal nights, and at port. But no other time.

I was on the Navigator in May and probably had about 20-30 pictures on my account. It wouldn’t have been worth the package for me. But, my question though, how do you get over 100 pictures taken? I saw the photographers at dinner, formal nights, and at port. But no other time.

We see the photographers almost every night, plus you can arrange for a session if you like.

We had pics of the whole family, then the kids together, then the kids each by themselves and then pics with just me and my husband. We also did some with me and the kids or just me and my daughter and then just me and my son and same for my husband. If you hit all the photo spots the pics add up. Since my son is 3 you just never know if he's going to take a good pic. So we hit almost every photo spot each night. Most of the pics were excellent!

We did see the photographer almost every day by the pool deck so we for several pics there and they were by the kids club a couple days too.

You can find them but on sea days you may have to look or show up during some of the activities that will draw large crowds (ie we had a huge crowd on the international belly flop competition. It was videos and there were photographers there too. It was hilarious and we got a few pics that day.

That’s crazy, because I don’t remember seeing any photographers on the pool deck. Maybe I am totally unobservant, I don’t know. Before my next cruise, I’ll have to get more tips on where to find them.

The price can vary by cruise. Summer cruises seem to be higher. Right now on the 8/24 Navigator it is $249 for all digital photos and $349 for digital plus prints. The price will be the same for the first few days of the cruise but then it will increase by about day 4. I think it was by $50 in March.

We should have had 154 photos on our disk but only had 112. We were able to finally get a new disk with about 20 more photos but it was no easy task. We had two cabins linked because we had a child under 21 in each cabin and that caused the mix up. The "link" apparently didn't always work. Even at 112 we definitely got our money's worth. We had the grandkids with us and they were pretty good at finding the photographers!

Price for 8x12s has gone up to $22.99 and for 5x7s to 16.99. Not too long ago they were $19.99 and $9.99.

This is the first I've heard of a photo package. How much is it?

I forgot to mention that you go to mycruisephotos.com and enter your name, date, ship and reservation number and you can see the actual prices for your cruise.

When we took our granddaughter on the Allure a few years ago the prices were a little higher than on the other ships for a 7 night sailing.

If you decide to order in advance be aware that the company is a Grand Cayman business and you will be charged a foreign transaction fee if your CC has one.