Are there problems with Half Moon Cay contract?

joyful34

Our cruise is Jan 10th on the Glory. We have been waiting patiently for over 2 months for them to upload all of the shore excursions for our cruise. When you log onto Carnivals website and try to book an excursion for your cruise you use a drop down box that lists each port you are scheduled to visit. You select the port and then the excursions populate on the right hand side of the page. Carnival still doesn't list Half Moon Cay as an option to book a shore excursion on our cruise - Where it should be our 1st stop! We have called numerous times. I even had a customer service person send the shore excursion desk an email with my name, email address and phone number in it (I received a copy) questioning when would we be able to book a shore excursion on Half Moon Cay. That was a week ago.

At this point I am concerned that HMC is going to be taken off our cruise. I know that Carnival is working on the contract with the excursion company that operates the activities on HMC. However, I have been told by multiple people at Carnival that the contract is usually completed in May. Does anyone have any info on this situation?

Our last cruise we were booked on the Victory. She was scheduled for the 2.0 upgrades in Sept and our cruise was scheduled for Jan. After the Triumph incident, etc the upgrades on the Victory were scrapped for the time being and that was a big part of the reason we booked with that ship. We were all very disappointed.

HMC IS the reason we booked this cruise. If we lose that stop we will change ships/dates. I am pissed that Carnvial wont email/call me back. I am tired of excuses from customer service. I have no idea what to do at this point. Can anyone offer any other info to help?

Our cruise is Jan 10th on the Glory. We have been waiting patiently for over 2 months for them to upload all of the shore excursions for our cruise. When you log onto Carnivals website and try to book an excursion for your cruise you use a drop down box that lists each port you are scheduled to visit. You select the port and then the excursions populate on the right hand side of the page. Carnival still doesn't list Half Moon Cay as an option to book a shore excursion on our cruise - Where it should be our 1st stop! We have called numerous times. I even had a customer service person send the shore excursion desk an email with my name, email address and phone number in it (I received a copy) questioning when would we be able to book a shore excursion on Half Moon Cay. That was a week ago.

At this point I am concerned that HMC is going to be taken off our cruise. I know that Carnival is working on the contract with the excursion company that operates the activities on HMC. However, I have been told by multiple people at Carnival that the contract is usually completed in May. Does anyone have any info on this situation?

Our last cruise we were booked on the Victory. She was scheduled for the 2.0 upgrades in Sept and our cruise was scheduled for Jan. After the Triumph incident, etc the upgrades on the Victory were scrapped for the time being and that was a big part of the reason we booked with that ship. We were all very disappointed.

HMC IS the reason we booked this cruise. If we lose that stop we will change ships/dates. I am pissed that Carnvial wont email/call me back. I am tired of excuses from customer service. I have no idea what to do at this point. Can anyone offer any other info to help?

Since Carnival Corporation owns the island, I wouldn't be concerned over the contract. If that contract doesn't work out, they can contract with a different company.

There could be other reasons for concern though. Sometimes Carnival changes itineraries for various other reasons. The important thing to remember is that if Carnival changes your itinerary in advance, they typically give you only 24 hours to change ships/sail dates. So I would have a contingency plan for what ship you might like to substitute if that happens to be the case. I know that might be disappointing, but it is part of the cruising experience. Things happen. I missed a stop at HMC on a milestone birthday due to weather, but that's the way it goes. You just have to make the best of it. I hope it works out for you though.

Since Carnival Corporation owns the island, I wouldn't be concerned over the contract. If that contract doesn't work out, they can contract with a different company.

There could be other reasons for concern though. Sometimes Carnival changes itineraries for various other reasons. The important thing to remember is that if Carnival changes your itinerary in advance, they typically give you only 24 hours to change ships/sail dates. So I would have a contingency plan for what ship you might like to substitute if that happens to be the case. I know that might be disappointing, but it is part of the cruising experience. Things happen. I missed a stop at HMC on a milestone birthday due to weather, but that's the way it goes. You just have to make the best of it. I hope it works out for you though.

This happened to us this past January on the Breeze, they switched all three ports we had from key west, grand turk and bahamas to cozumel, grand cayman and ocho rios.

I never even got notified by anyone, I saw a post on cc here and looked at my booking. It didnt bother me, but it may bother others who book for specific stops. So if HMC is your port of choice and make it or break it--just watch it carefully.

This same discussion was going on in our roll call, carnival pride on April 19 2015. Still no excursions to choose from for HMC. I highly doubt that carnival just is going to erase HMC from all the itineraries! Who knows though, that would STINK.

Carnival Corporation owns Holland America, and the island is "owned" by HAL. And HAL doesn't post cruises way out into the future. So they may be waiting to find out if it's a HAL day or a Carnival day. My BFF and I booked our shore excursions two weeks ago, once the cruise was paid for. I will say this, half of the excursions offered for when we were there last, no longer appeared for an option-like the Fishing trip or the Jet ski. Oh well, we are too old for that type of adventure, so we chose a mild excursion. Check out HAL's web site, see what their itinerary is for that island on the day you are supposed to be there. You may end up at CocoCay,which was very nice, or a day at Grand Turk. Cruise Happy!

We are scheduled to go to Half Moon Cay on our cruise in January also. We chose this cruise for the private island. I too have been looking at the excursions and waiting for them to add the ones for Half Moon. We would like to book a cabana. I really didn't give it much thought, I just thought that they hadn't listed them yet. Now I am worried that they may change our itinerary and exclude this port. It won't ruin our cruise, but we really were looking forward to going back and soaking up the sun from this beautiful island!

I'm cruising there in April also, no HMC excursions show. But, it's taken forever to get any. FTTF showed up first (yeah!) and a few more showing up every few days. Yesterday there were a total of 30 and today 31. I just think they aren't listed yet, and not an issue with the port itself.

This same discussion was going on in our roll call, carnival pride on April 19 2015. Still no excursions to choose from for HMC. I highly doubt that carnival just is going to erase HMC from all the itineraries! Who knows though, that would STINK.

We are on this same cruise in April and was wondering the same thing. I will be in HMC next month on a cruise out of NY. Never been, but the reviews are awesome and I booked the cruise next April for 5 reasons - price, departure port, Pride with it's 2.0 upgrades, school vacation week and HMC.