What do you think?

I am a frequent cruiser, cruising mostly on RCCL. I always book on their website and believe I know the ins and outs on how to get the best deal.

I helped my son book a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas for this July. At the time the best price was an outside room. It is now after final payment and they currently have Central Park and Boardwalk balconies for approx. $150.00 more per person. He is a Diamond status so with his $200.00 balcony discount it would only be around $100.00 more for the room.

I have checked and this cruise is not on any WOW sale, nor on the Going, Going Gone sale, or any other special pricing that I can see.

The problem is when I call RCCL to upgrade the room, they say it can't be done for the pricing that is listed on their website. They state that the price I see is for only new bookings only. I always thought you could upgrade after final payment as long as the room was a more expensive cabin. She will let him upgrade but comes up with a price of around $800.00 increase.

They are saying it's a Going Going Gone sale but it's not listed as such on their website.

The cruise date I'm looking at is July 26th. The price I see for the least expensive balcony

is $1049.00 per person.

Any opinions or thoughts? Thanks.

I think RCCL must be really trying to get every dollar possible. I called them last night with no results so decided to call again today with the same results. Today I asked to talk to resolutions and they said no go.

I was respectful but told them I did not see any sales on this cruise. Resolutions said when she pulled up the cruise when you get to the pricing on the bottom of the page it does says for new booking only.

But after hanging up and searching on RCCL website for different cruises, no matter when you book it always says for new bookings only in the small print at the bottom of the page (along with other information). It doesn't matter if you are looking at a cruise for next month or next year. So I guess that is the loophole they can pull out when they want.