Cruise Paid in Full - Prices now 20% Lower

I'm sure the answer to this is "no" but I figured I'd throw this out there anyways: We booked the August 10th sailing of the Freedom in November of 2013 because adjoining rooms were becoming scarce and that is a necessity for us this time. We paid the cruise in full as of May, however the prices with the buy one get one half off are now around 20% lower than what we paid. Has anyone had any luck in getting even a partial refund or on-ship credit when this happens?

I am aware that we had special needs and that this is a risk that we ran by booking so far out, so I'll save everyone from typing that sentence. Just checking if there is even a possibility of something being done.

It does not matter whether you have paid in full or not, it matters whether the official final payment DATE has passed for your cruise. If it has not, you can get a price adjustment, and in your case (since you are paid in full), a refund of the difference.

If the final payment date HAS passed, you are out of luck, sorry. You can check to see if a higher category is available with connecting cabins and upgrade, but not get a refund or price adjustment.

And it's not just "special needs" people that book early. We do it to get exactly the cabin we want. Location is important to us. I check prices until final payment date, then don't check any more and just enjoy the cruise!

It happened to us and we were past the final payment date. I called up customer service and they upgraded me to the next category. It was nice of them. Just tell them you're a C&A member and you just love RCI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer is "no" because you are now past your final payment date, which was May 27, 75 days before sailing.

If you had checked prices BEFORE May 27, and found that the BOGOHO pricing was lower than your reserved price, you could have requested the lower price. It is too late now.

I'm sure the answer to this is "no" but I figured I'd throw this out there anyways: We booked the August 10th sailing of the Freedom in November of 2013 because adjoining rooms were becoming scarce and that is a necessity for us this time. We paid the cruise in full as of May, however the prices with the buy one get one half off are now around 20% lower than what we paid. Has anyone had any luck in getting even a partial refund or on-ship credit when this happens?

I am aware that we had special needs and that this is a risk that we ran by booking so far out, so I'll save everyone from typing that sentence. Just checking if there is even a possibility of something being done.

Sometimes things can be done, if you are flexible enough. You stated you need both rooms adjoining, so that is not flexible. Often times, during sales, they will not give you a refund, or obc, but instead will allow you to upgrade if it is equal or higher priced. However, when you upgrade under special promotions, they often times will have to "cancel" your booking, and than "rebook" you. This can cancel all your excursions and reservations also. It can be a mess. I was offered this option and after I was told the process, I said no thanks. I was happy with the room I picked out, and I knew I was past final payment. I was happy, they were willing to offer me something better, but in my eyes, I really did not care because I had already "picked" my perfect cabin to fit my needs and budget.

As others have mentioned, you might be able to upgrade, but that would mean giving up those adjoining cabins. So, if it does not work out, the need for adjoining cabins may have cost you some $; if the adjoining cabins make for a better cruise, it is likely worth the extra $.

It does not matter whether you have paid in full or not, it matters whether the official final payment DATE has passed for your cruise.

Exactly.

Although the OP here is already past RCIs final payment date, I am simply amazed that even some of the higher end Crown and Anchor members that are a member of RCIs Crown and Anchor Socierty Facebook page do not understand this.

I cant tell you how many times Ive read "dont pay your cruise off early because you cant get any price drops" and this is by people that have sailed with RCI over 10 times.

Don't ask us, ask RCI.

I have taken advantage of price drops every time, just call and they will honor the new price. Once you pass the pay in full date still call. I have had the difference added to my on board account for use on the ship. Last year on Celebrity Solstice they did that and on day 7 when it was time to settle up, they then issued a credit for what was left right to my credit card.

I have taken advantage of price drops every time, just call and they will honor the new price. Once you pass the pay in full date still call. I have had the difference added to my on board account for use on the ship. Last year on Celebrity Solstice they did that and on day 7 when it was time to settle up, they then issued a credit for what was left right to my credit card.

I see that you haven't sailed on RCI in awhile. That no longer holds true. No more OBC or price drops after final payment date. Only a possible upgrade if a higher category is equal to or less that what you paid.

Don't ask us, ask RCI.

Thanks for the enlightening reply. My purpose in asking here (as stated) was to find out if anyone else has had success with this endeavor. Sometimes knowing the right number to call or the right person to ask for can make all the difference. I simply wanted to be equipped with the info before making the inquiry.

Thanks for the enlightening reply. My purpose in asking here (as stated) was to find out if anyone else has had success with this endeavor. Sometimes knowing the right number to call or the right person to ask for can make all the difference. I simply wanted to be equipped with the info before making the inquiry.
The trick is to keep calling until you get the answer you want.