Louis Cristal Trans-Atlantic

ONT-CA

For those of you now familiar with the Louis Cristal Cuba itinerary, you may not be aware that, unlike last season, the ship will sail from Greece as a dedicated 25 day Trans-Atlantic cruise on November 28, 2014. With ports of call in France, Spain, Morocco, Portugal, Barbados, St. Licia, Jamaica and arriving at Cuba for yet three more ports of call, we booked immediately. Sailing aboard the Cristal for the first time last February we experienced a ship that brought back happy memories of our much earlier cruises so are looking forward to this extended time aboard. Also looking forward to meeting those aboard who feel the same.

It was interesting to note that while the fares for the entire cruise remain firm, the ability to initially embark from three different ports in Europe was being made available. While one would have to give up time aboard, there are circumstances whereby that could be advantageous.

But we now understand that the same principle applies to disembarkation, in that anyone wishing to not proceed to the Cuban ports for whatever reason may conclude their Trans Atlantic cruise at Montego Bay, Jamaica. An interesting concept we have not seen before.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking that should passengers from their home ports join this cruise, the Greeks from Athens, the French from Marseille the Spanish from Barcelona and the Moroccans from Tangiers, (can't imagine the Portuguese boarding at Tunchal at that late date, but....) the ship is going to be like the United Nations. Now that would be interesting. And depending on what order they make ship announcements, the little trick we learned in using the telephone to lessen the number of translations will come in handy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was verbally chastised by someone who was following this thread but chooses not to post. She said that my subject is very misleading in that it is not a "Trans-Atlantic cruise but a multi facet one involving a good part of the Mediterranean, then a Trans Atlantic, a Caribbean and finally a Cuba cruise. So I stand corrected. But of more importance is wishing to hear that there will be someone else aboard this "multi facet" cruise for what would it be like to be the only passengers? Hmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...
HI all!

Ron ~ that's an amazing itinerary!:D I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on Tangiers as my cruise in Dec of next year goes there. Have a nice evening. ~ Jo ~ :)

Jo, I was curious as to the dollar value of this "multi facet" cruise as it pertains to other late fall crossings. A quick check and comparison in identical accommodation levels to that of the major cruise line's sale price revealed to my surprise a per day costs saving of about 50%. Then of course our cruise is priced in Canadian dollars while the major line is in $US and at today rate there's another 10% saving. It's the icing on the cake for us.

HI all!

Ron ~ that's great! Sometimes bad things like missing out on your other TAs turn out for the best.;) The Canadian rate onboard is a great feature.. I need some US $$$ for my Alaska cruise this month & am hoping their dollar goes down & soon!

Have a nice weekend. There's an Elvis Festival over at Waupoos tomorrow which will be much closer than the Collingwood one we attended last week!

~ Jo ~ :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think most of us are familiar with the advertising techniques of the Internet. Should you be looking for, say, a new toaster, almost every page you open thereafter shows various available toasters for sale. That's the name of the game.

But last night I was up late and into some current news site when half way through the written narrative appeared a blank black square with the customary white triangle in the centre indicating a video was available. So I clicked on the triangle and, unrelated to the news item, up popped the title Louis Cristal departs for Cuba. Half asleep I immediately think that, OMG, the booking we have for that cruise is now null and void. It was as if the ship had changed sailing dates and had left without us. The bellowing of the harbour and ship horns finally drew me into the realization that this was last year's sailing and we still had our cruise ahead of us come November. But it was an awesome gentle sailing out of the Piraeus harbour in Greece and one which we can now look forward to experiencing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, recent contact with the organizers of the cruise has told us that sales for this cruise are good and although we may not have a full compliment aboard which is fine with us for the "Private Yacht" conditions will prevail.

The wait-list delay game that was being played by other lines for their fall reposition sailings seem silly now with brochures arriving daily pleading with us to book with them. We are so appreciative that we booked this Louis Cristal sailing when we did. Any sailing that is new and unique is right up our alley.