I Didn't Think It Would Ever Happen....But It Did! Hello Clo!

I am surprised as anyone could be.

All the years I have been on Cruise Critic I have wondered how people could be so passionate about Cruise Directors. In 20 some cruises we had never had a Cruise Director who ever made a bit of difference in our cruise other than a few who were rather annoying (and we ignored them as much as possible)....and not a single one who's name we could even remember.

But, then came our 26 beautiful days in May on the Brilliance of the Seas with Clo O'Connor!! "Hello Clo" was the most friendly, most visible, funniest and most down to Earth CD we have ever had.

I can't imagine any CD being better, or even coming close to Clo!

Thanks Clo, you made a wonderful cruise just a little bit more wonderful. We appreciate your time and energy! Good Luck to you wherever you go!

Hi Margie!:) Hello to Bruce too.:cool:

We agree that Clo was a gem. In all our years of cruising she stands out as one of our favorites. She is right up there with Becky Thompson from the "old"days on the Mariner.

All the years I have been on Cruise Critic I have wondered how people could be so passionate about Cruise Directors. In 20 some cruises we had never had a Cruise Director who ever made a bit of difference in our cruise other than a few who were rather annoying (and we ignored them as much as possible)....and not a single one who's name we could even remember.

But, then came our 26 beautiful days in May on the Brilliance of the Seas with Clo O'Connor!! "Hello Clo" was the most friendly, most visible, funniest and most down to Earth CD we have ever had.

Thanks Clo, you made a wonderful cruise just a little bit more wonderful. We appreciate your time and energy! Good Luck to you wherever you go!

Totally agree. She is the best CD we've had.

and this is coming from a person who never cares about who the cruise director might be.

My friend and I walked with Clo on the Wishes at Sea walk a few years back and had a great time with her. She talked about her background and asked us about ourselves and was just so much fun to be with.

and this is coming from a person who never cares about who the cruise director might be.

My friend and I walked with Clo on the Wishes at Sea walk a few years back and had a great time with her. She talked about her background and asked us about ourselves and was just so much fun to be with.

We did too, I always wondered whst happened to her, never had her again.

Our very first RCI cruise on Grandeur in 2009 we had Clo and haven't seen her since. She does short contracts because she has a husband and young son. They were with her on our cruise and she brought her son onstage for the farewell show and explained that while his first name was Connor, his last name wasn't lol.

Absolutely the best CD we have encountered. The daily Walk a Mile makes such a difference as it makes her and the rest of the crew so accessible. I've come across other CDs who appear to try hard but with less effect whereas Clo' is a naturally friendly person who genuinely takes an interest in everyone she meets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know she is on Celebrity, but Sue Denning is the best CD we have met on any cruise line. I may be prejudiced as she only lives 40 miles from us in Lancashire.

I echo that Sue was great and was always happy to chat on land or sea, again we may be biased she sang at a club a couple of times my mum and dad ran in Blackpool. Best thing was she remembered my parents, lovely lady.

I know she is on Celebrity, but Sue Denning is the best CD we have met on any cruise line. I may be prejudiced as she only lives 40 miles from us in Lancashire.

Is Sue still with Celebrity?

ETA: nevermind I just searched the Celebrity forum, and found out that Sue is on vacation from Eclipse at the moment.

Edited by DonnaK

We had Clo on the Adventure last year. She was so friendly and always up for a chat. Walk with Clo made us get up from our sun beds every afternoon. I loved the way she made the officers walk as well, it really made them more personable .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had Clo a couple of years ago on Jewel. She was doing one week only to cover for someone who was ill. Although I am not one to think CDs are the be all and in all, she was certainly one of the good ones.

Edited by mjldvlks

Hi Margie!:) Hello to Bruce too.:cool:

We agree that Clo was a gem. In all our years of cruising she stands out as one of our favorites. She is right up there with Becky Thompson from the "old"days on the Mariner.

Hi Dave!! (And Kim) :)

I missed you on the second leg of our cruise. I hope we get to cruise together again.

• 1 year later...

I've just disembarked from the Brilliance of the Seas where Clo is the current Cruise Director. Most days we walked a mile around the deck with Clo in the morning, and sometimes in the afternoons.

I don't remember most CDs, but I'm sure that I'll never forget Clo.

We had Clo on our very first RCI cruise on Grandeur in 2009. Her son was about 2 and he and her husband were onboard so she brought them up on stage for the last night farewell show. She was very friendly and I loved the fact she took short contracts so as not to be away from her family for too long.

Edited by BND

We had Clo on Brilliance and loved her sense of humor. There was an Activities Director whom we really enjoyed on another cruise. She only had a partial left arm, but I don't remember her name. Does anyone know who she is and what her name is?

On our last cruise we had a great CD and a fantastic Activities Director that we thoroughly enjoyed. Again, I don't remember their names, but I remember them both going into the swimming pools with their suits and shoes on. On one of our cruises we had Irk from Turk as the Activity Director. He was my absolute favorite!

I need to start paying attention to their names.

Interesting...as I was on Brilliance in Jan of this year, and it was the first cruise when I commented that I didn't even know or remember who the CD was.

Wonder if it was this Clo person. I am going back on Brilliance in Feb...maybe the 2nd time will be different.