FLL to Port of Miami

bowen9475

We are considering a cruise in just over two weeks. For a variety of reasons, we would be flying in the morning of (I hate to do it but we have no other options) We would fly into FLL but the cruise is out of Miami. What is the best way to get from the FL airport to the port of Miami? Thanks!

We are considering a cruise in just over two weeks. For a variety of reasons, we would be flying in the morning of (I hate to do it but we have no other options) We would fly into FLL but the cruise is out of Miami. What is the best way to get from the FL airport to the port of Miami? Thanks!

The "best" way in my opinion would be a private sedan. We prefer Go Airport Shuttle Ft. Lauderdale from FLL to the POM. This would be about $92 and includes tip.

Another option would be a shared shuttle service which would be quite a bit less at around $15pp plus tip. Most on here suggest SAS but I don't have a personal experience with them.

It's going to depend on your arrival time as well. If it's later in the morning I would probably opt for the private service so you don't have to wait around for a buss to fill up.

Enjoy the Majesty! ;)

SAS (www.ridesas.com) QLS, MJS and Go Airport Shuttle will all make the 40-45 minute trip for about $15 per person in a shared shuttle.

As suggested above, a private car service or even taxi ($80-85+) will be faster. When does your flight arrive? :confused:

The flight we would book gets in at 10. I have even looked into renting a car and the price is not bad. We could rent at FLL and return to MIA. I looked at Dollar and the website states they have a shuttle to the port. Does anyone know anything about this?

I haven't done that but....

If you're arriving at 10 by the time you got off and get your luggage you can head straight to the port as they would start boarding between 11-11:30.

If you rent a car you need to get off the plane, get your luggage, head to the rental desk, check in, get your car, drive to MIA, fill up the gas tank, return the car, get into a shuttle and then head to the POM. This is going to eat up valuable time. Never mind if for some reason your flight is delayed.

Again, I don't have personal experience with this route but it seems like something to think about. :)

The flight we would book gets in at 10. I have even looked into renting a car and the price is not bad. We could rent at FLL and return to MIA. I looked at Dollar and the website states they have a shuttle to the port. Does anyone know anything about this?

I agree with the above. Not sure it is worth it unless you have 4+ travelling together - between the time and the hassel and the 15-20 minute shuttle ride from MIA to POM, how much are you saving over shared shuttle prices? :confused:

Thinking about it again, a shared shuttle seems to make the most sense. We have used SAS before, but were picked up at a hotel. How does it work at the airport? Are there shuttles already there waiting or do you have to call? Do they leave the airport pretty often? How long, on average, does it take to fill up and head out? Thanks!

Thinking about it again, a shared shuttle seems to make the most sense. We have used SAS before, but were picked up at a hotel. How does it work at the airport? Are there shuttles already there waiting or do you have to call? Do they leave the airport pretty often? How long, on average, does it take to fill up and head out? Thanks!

Your driver will likely call your cell as soon as you land and coordinate pick-up outside of baggage claim. If you book with Go Airport, they have a desk inside the FLL airport and will assign you to a van there. Good luck! :)

We've used SAS several times flying from PHL to FLL with cruises leaving out of POM. They are always prompt, and call us when we land to inform us of their location, and to call when we have our luggage. Once we the luggage, its a short wait til they arrive, and they always get us to the port onetime, with courteous, safe drivers. The same goes for the return to FLL from POM.

If you use SAS, you should book in advance. Let them know your flight and airline. They will schedule the transfer to get you to the ship on time.

http://www.ridesas.com