Estero Beach Resort Anyone Been There?

mousey

Does anyone have any information regarding this resort in Ensenada? We plan to go there to rent jet skis and wanted to know if they have any kind of day rate for cruise ship passengers. The DH, DS, and BFF are going to ride the jet skis and the female BFF and I are hoping we can hang by the Estero pool while they do. Any info would be greatly appreciated!:D

Edited by mousey

Have not been there in 10+ years, but back in the day, it was a nice location, nice ambiance, nice pool area (20+ min. drive south of the cruise pier). My guess is that it is still nice, and that they would welcome your day visit, no pass needed, pay as you go for food and drinks

Thanks for the replies. I did e-mail them asking a few questions and they got right back to me. So, we are going to catch a cab there in the morning and hang out for a few hours. The guys will jet-ski and the GF and I will hang out by the pool and wait for them. Then we'll have lunch and head into town to do some shopping. It costs $10 per person to use the hotel's facilities and you have to bring your own towels. Can't wait..only three more weeks!:D

• 4 weeks later...

We went to the hotel and had an awesome time. Everyone from the staff at the front desk to the bartenders at the pool bar were very friendly and welcoming. We paid $10 per person and were able to use their facilities all day. We expected to stay for about 2 hours and ended up staying for 4 we liked it that much. It's got a beautiful view of the ocean and the pool area is very clean and well maintained. We plan to go back there on our next trip to Ensenada. We paid $20 for the five of us for a 25 minute taxi ride both ways from downtown Ensenada to the hotel and back. Wish we were back there now!:D

Ensenada has very similar weather to here in San Diego (50 miles south of San Diego). Typically it is cloudy and less warm at the beach in the mornings, and usually warms up nicely with beautiful sunshine mid-day to late afternoon (at least beautiful sunshine, even in winter). Seems best to suggest a shopping tour early, and once (and if) the sun peaks out, head to Estero Beach, if ya want to do a nice afternoon water front resort (20 min south of the cruise pier). Thinking a bit on the topic, there are no other similar nearby alternatives. Estero Beach is a resort at the end of a peninsula with no resort neighbors and no public beach access, so the privacy and lack of vendors would be a real plus. Most of us SoCal's have not been visiting the area, due to the scare and a 2-3 hour border wait to get back. We were very surprised to find Ensenada doing very well, new roads, new building, clean. Cruisers always ask about Resorts in our Mexican Riviera, and certainly, Estero Beach seems the best choice to fill the bill in Ensenada.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies. I did e-mail them asking a few questions and they got right back to me. So, we are going to catch a cab there in the morning and hang out for a few hours. The guys will jet-ski and the GF and I will hang out by the pool and wait for them. Then we'll have lunch and head into town to do some shopping. It costs $10 per person to use the hotel's facilities and you have to bring your own towels. Can't wait..only three more weeks!:D

My mom and I are considering booking the "Ensenada Resort Getaway" shore excursion through Carnival (not sure which cruise line you're sailing with), which includes air conditioned transportation to the same resort in Estero, a Mexican inspired buffet lunch and a tour through a small on site museum. After which guests can choose to be dropped off in town to do a bit of shopping. It costs $39.99. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to get a taxi and to pay $10 entry, if you'd prefer not to book a tour. :) Either way Estero Beach has pretty decent reviews.

Found some prices for kayak and jet ski rental:

Kayaking at Estero Beach - Kayak in the Estero Beach Resort lagoon. Prices are: $20 USD per hour for a Single and $25 USD per hour for a Double.

Jet Skiing at Estero Beach - Experience the thrill of Jet Skiing in Baja California! Jet Skis are available for rent April 1 through September 30 at the Private Beach located within the resort and by appointment with a two hour minimum for the rest of the year. Prices are: $40 USD for ½ hour or $70 USD for a full hour.

Edited by kiwigirl12

Been going to Estero Beach for 35 years. Best place by far to go when in Ensenada. Jet Skiing, is the best. They used to have the World Jet Ski Championships when they used to have them. Restaurant has improved and pool is outrageous. No problem with taxi's. Have fun

Anyone know if Estero Beach Resort offers massages and what the pricing is like?

We are planning on getting massages downtown and then taking a taxi to Estero Beach Resort for a couple of hours but if we can get massages there....it might make sense to just head there directly.