Our day on Martinique

icequeen

When we were preparing for our cruise earlier this year, I searched far and wide for information on what to do on Martinique. We had been there a couple of times before but always just took the ferry over to Pointe-du-Bout and went to the beach. We had a lot of beach stops on our cruise so we were looking for something a bit different this time. There wasn't a whole lot of information on the discussion boards and I see a few others have since added their experiences, which is fantastic! I finally got around to blogging about our cruise in March/April and detailed our day on Martinique. We took an accompanied taxi (4.60 Euros per person each way) up the coast to St. Pierre and spent a few hours wandering the streets and seeing the sights. It was a great adventure and we met several others from our ship who were doing the same thing. When we can all share our experiences then others can also enjoy their time on this beautiful island.

Edited by icequeen

• 2 weeks later...

So glad you enjoyed the blog! I kept getting questions from people about what to do on the islands and figured that creating a blog with all of the info was easier than retyping everything each time :)

So glad you enjoyed the blog! I kept getting questions from people about what to do on the islands and figured that creating a blog with all of the info was easier than retyping everything each time :)

Thanks Angie! I've added the following to my Martinique page for our Roll Call. We will be cruising out of San Juan on Nov 1st.

- Angie (Ice Queen) has posted a blog about her cruise ship visit to Martinique. Looks like a great way to spend the day. Though, I'd get an earlier start and add a walking tour of Fort--de-France since this is our first visit.

John

• 1 year later...
When we were preparing for our cruise earlier this year, I searched far and wide for information on what to do on Martinique. We had been there a couple of times before but always just took the ferry over to Pointe-du-Bout and went to the beach. We had a lot of beach stops on our cruise so we were looking for something a bit different this time. There wasn't a whole lot of information on the discussion boards and I see a few others have since added their experiences, which is fantastic! I finally got around to blogging about our cruise in March/April and detailed our day on Martinique. We took an accompanied taxi (4.60 Euros per person each way) up the coast to St. Pierre and spent a few hours wandering the streets and seeing the sights. It was a great adventure and we met several others from our ship who were doing the same thing. When we can all share our experiences then others can also enjoy their time on this beautiful island.

Great job on your blog. It has helped me with so many ports....thank you. By the way, I have "learning how to create a blog" on my bucket list. You are blessed that you know how. And you do such a great job with it.

Thanks Angie! I've added the following to my Martinique page for our Roll Call. We will be cruising out of San Juan on Nov 1st.

- Angie (Ice Queen) has posted a blog about her cruise ship visit to Martinique. Looks like a great way to spend the day. Though, I'd get an earlier start and add a walking tour of Fort--de-France since this is our first visit.

John

John,

Thank you for your blog....my DH and I have enjoyed it. There is not much information on Martinique but now I have ample to help us decide what to do.

Lydia