1st night Crown Grill for suites

maz48

We are in a suite for the first time next cruise. It is a B2B but it was advertised and booked as a single cruise, making it a 9 night cruise. Would that mean we could take advantage of the complimentary meal at the Crown Grill the first night as our cruise length is over the 6 nights, or would the answer be no as they are actually a 4 and a 5 night cruises in their eyes?

Really looking forward to this cruise.

We are in a suite for the first time next cruise. It is a B2B but it was advertised and booked as a single cruise, making it a 9 night cruise. Would that mean we could take advantage of the complimentary meal at the Crown Grill the first night as our cruise length is over the 6 nights, or would the answer be no as they are actually a 4 and a 5 night cruises in their eyes?

Should be fine... we did a B2B last year (two 3-day cruises) and stayed in a suite the second leg. We went to Crown Grill, complementary, at the start of the second cruise.

Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening is available for cruises of 6 days or longer. I doubt that you'll get one for the second part of your B2B, but you may luck out. Click here for Suite Benefits page.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening is available for cruises of 6 days or longer. I doubt that you'll get one for the second part of your B2B, but you may luck out. Click here for Suite Benefits page.

Lew

It has varied. You certainly should get one free dinner, but you might get one for each leg. They were offering the free dinner on four day cruises out of LA and someone even got one on a 1 night repo cruise from Seattle to Vancouver last year.

We have booked the owners suite on the crown January 2016 And where told first night complimentary dinner in in Sabatini's Also Breakfasts every morning

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

??? In January this year we booked 3 of the short cruises on the Ruby. The first two were in suites, a 5 and 4 day. Couldn't get suite on the last one. Asked about the first night dinner, we were told not on the short cruises.:( But we did enjoy Sabatinis for breakfast every morning.;)

??? In January this year we booked 3 of the short cruises on the Ruby. The first two were in suites, a 5 and 4 day. Couldn't get suite on the last one. Asked about the first night dinner, we were told not on the short cruises.:( But we did enjoy Sabatinis for breakfast every morning.;)

We had the same experience.

Each segment of the cruise must be 6 days or longer for a free dinner in the specialty restaurant.

Mike:)

But in our case, and some others I would think, the cruise is 9 nights, not 4 and 5 B2B, as it was advertised as a single cruise with it's own number. Philjim, did you book the 3 segments as 1 cruise or as separate ones?

It isn't a real problem if it they say no but in case we felt like dining there when we embark. If it is Sabatinis then we wouldn't bother anyway.

Yes, I am looking forward to the breakfasts there Phyljim.

Edited by maz48

But in our case, and some others I would think, the cruise is 9 nights,.

Same situation we had. Makes no difference.

If it was marketed to some as a B2B then it will be a 5 day and a 4 day.

I assume you will want two cruise credits, correct?

But in our case, and some others I would think, the cruise is 9 nights, not 4 and 5 B2B, as it was advertised as a single cruise with it's own number. Philjim, did you book the 3 segments as 1 cruise or as separate ones?

It isn't a real problem if it they say no but in case we felt like dining there when we embark. If it is Sabatinis then we wouldn't bother anyway.

Yes, I am looking forward to the breakfasts there Phyljim.

In our case it was marketed as individual cruises, and that was the way we booked it. Sabatinis for breakfast was very enjoyable. I did not think we would get the first night dinner...but felt would not hurt to ask. It didn't, they very nicely said no, said it had to be 6 days or over. We had so much onboard credit with those three back to back, we ate at the Crown Grill on us!;)

We do not normally do the short cruises, but could not resist those. And we were in Fort Lauderdale, so did not need to fly anywhere.

Enjoy your 9 day.

Same situation we had. Makes no difference.

If it was marketed to some as a B2B then it will be a 5 day and a 4 day.

I assume you will want two cruise credits, correct?

Well it would be good to have those and the 1st night dinner;). I was thinking though that we would end up with neither the 2 cruise credits nor the 1st night meal anyway:confused:.

The short cruises out of Florida did not get the free specialty restaurant, but those out of California did. This was on the Ruby for the January 2014 promo, but same promo in Calif. got it.

Ah well, we will ask and see. Thank you.

In our case it was marketed as individual cruises, and that was the way we booked it. Sabatinis for breakfast was very enjoyable. I did not think we would get the first night dinner...but felt would not hurt to ask. It didn't, they very nicely said no, said it had to be 6 days or over. We had so much onboard credit with those three back to back, we ate at the Crown Grill on us!;)

We do not normally do the short cruises, but could not resist those. And we were in Fort Lauderdale, so did not need to fly anywhere.

Enjoy your 9 day.

We are the same as short cruises seem different somehow, apart from the shortness. But, we had a large credit to use up by the end of this year(or have a booking), hence the suite;), and this fit into our overall plans very well.

We will ask about the meal and see but it isn't the end of the world as I said before. I struggle with eating large meals and red meat, but I have read their steaks are great and that would be nice for John.

It is interesting how they treated the short FLL and LA cruises differently. We enjoyed the Sterling Steakhouse on our 4 day cruise on the Sapphire in January. It was our farewell to the US cruise on the Sapphire before she left for Asia and we did it in a suite on the cruise for free promo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well it would be good to have those and the 1st night dinner;). I was thinking though that we would end up with neither the 2 cruise credits nor the 1st night meal anyway:confused:.

Actually, you should get two cruise credits for each segment. One for the segment and one for being in a suite.

Speak with the Captain's Circle host during the second segment to be sure you get the four credits.

Actually, you should get two cruise credits for each segment. One for the segment and one for being in a suite.

Speak with the Captain's Circle host during the second segment to be sure you get the four credits.

I hadn't thought about that. I guess I want the benefits for 2 cruises and the benefit for it being 1:D.

We received the free crown grill dinner on our 4 night out of LA - San Pedro. Pleasantly surprised

Good news!