Boston airport

sebritish

There are shared ride services like SuperShuttle that can take you to downtown hotels. Check with the information desk on the same level as baggage claim for more details. There's a phone board that you can use to call on them and let them know to pick you up.

You might also look for a mini-van type cab that will hold your whole party. You can also arranged for shared rides in advance over the internet. Make sure you get them to tell you where to go for pickup since there are rules about who can pick up at different curbs and areas.

thank you if we have to we will do the super shuttle I was hoping like in Florida we get a private company that picks us up at the airport... :):)

The northeast ports like Boston and New York just don't work the way Florida works. The Boston port season is only six months. Cruisers are a teeny tiny number of people compared to the regular travel crowd that goes through Logan Airport, which is the major airline hub for New England.

thank you if we have to we will do the super shuttle I was hoping like in Florida we get a private company that picks us up at the airport... :):)

You can arrange for something like that with a taxi company or limo/car service, though offhand I can't recommend one. 138east is correct -- there are very few cruises out of Boston and the vast majority of the people are driving in from nearby states or Canada. Very few people fly in to Logan for a cruise compared to all the other reasons people come here.

A regular taxi (or two) is really your best bet. The airport is not far from the cruise terminal so it will be a quick ride (traffic permitting).

• 1 month later...

I'm not familiar with the hybrid service you mentioned. $39 is reasonable, but a cab is likely to be less. The estimated fare with tip is about $37 in heavy traffic which it should not be midday on a Friday.

I think it's often easier to get a cab at the airport than to find a waiting car service.

You have to take a shuttle bus to the water taxi. Honestly, if you can do that (I believe that bus is more like a regular city bus with more than one step), you can take the Free Silver Line bus to South Station. This bus has one low step (even lower if the bus pulls right up to the curve) and was specially designed for the Logan airport service with luggage racks.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.trainweb.org/Tomsrailtravels/Boston%2525202012%252520part%2525201_files/image092.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.trainweb.org/Tomsrailtravels/Boston%25202012%2520part%25201.htm&h=390&w=575&tbnid=oFhwxH_WRQrrQM:&zoom=1&docid=OfAeo4EopjwBRM&hl=en&ei=rincU56PO46qyAStcA&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CFwQMyg1MDU

If you feel you could take your luggage on a rental car bus, the Silver Line would not be a problem. The secret is to board at the rear doors and the luggage racks are right there. At South Station there is an elevator up to the mezzanine. You can exit through the wider accessible gate towards South Station and there is another elevator up to the street level. You may be able to hail a cab on the corner of Atlantic and Summer, but there is a cab stand down the Atlantic Avenue side of the station. Your cab fare should be less than half of what it costs to take a cab from Logan - taxi fare finder says $13 in heavy traffic.

Just another thought - you don't have to make a decision right now. When you get to Logan, you can check out the Silver Line bus while you're waiting for your luggage to see if it suits. For most terminals the Silver Line stops outside on the lower baggage claim level and they come by about every 8 minutes.

Does anyone know of this company? It lists a flat rate from logan to Boston of 39.00. I am looking for transport from airport to hotel in city.

Would a cab be better?

On top of all the info listed, if you want a hybrid cab, boston has many in operation. on the trunk area of the cab, if there is a green stripe, it is a hybrid. In driving around to work in Boston, I would estimate that over half the city cabs are hybrid.

• 3 months later...
Anything of interest near Boston International Airport to spend a few hours after ships tour of Boston with airport drop off?

Any shopping centres or outlets?

Thanks

I would say stay in the airport. There are a few small places in east boston you could shop at but nothing different than anywhere else. It is such a pain getting to the airport from downtown that I wouldn't recommend it with only a few hours to spare.

In fact, if I had a few hours and it was summer I would take a taxi to revere beach and get some Kelly's Roast Beef. But since you are just coming off of a cruise it really wouldn't hold the same significance.