Luggage Tags Question

JandKMom

Hello all. I am packing for my cruise tomorrow (yay!!!) and I have the Celebrity issued luggage tags that were sent to me by mail. Each tag is a long sticker with our name and cabin number. How is supposed to attach to the luggage? Are you supposed to fold it over the handle of the bag? Seems like it should but I am not sure. HELP!

The directions should be on the underside of the tags. You peel away about 75% of the covering from the sticky, insert the tag in a loop on our luggage and affix the sticky part to the remaining 25% of the underside of the tag.

Luckily I received an extra set of tags because I accidentally made the online request twice. Had to throw out one tag I had peeled off and tried to stick back! :o

Edited by JandKMom
Typo

Luckily I received an extra set of tags because I accidentally made the online request twice. Had to throw out one tag I had peeled off and tried to stick back! :o

It happens!!! Have a great cruise!!!:)

Hello all. I am packing for my cruise tomorrow (yay!!!) and I have the Celebrity issued luggage tags that were sent to me by mail. Each tag is a long sticker with our name and cabin number. How is supposed to attach to the luggage? Are you supposed to fold it over the handle of the bag? Seems like it should but I am not sure. HELP!

(1) Slip a luggage tag through a handle of the suitcase with your cabin number facing out.

(2) Remove small piece of backing (about 3 inches) from one end where indicated to expose adhesive .

(3) Align both ends of the tag and press them together, forming a loop around the handle.

You peel away about 75% of the covering from the sticky, insert the tag in a loop on our luggage and affix the sticky part to the remaining 25% of the underside of the tag.
Stop teasing.

You know if they try to do that, they will have an unwieldy, sticky mess. :eek:

Thanks all! I got the tags on. Amusing that the directions were in different languages on some of the tags. I had to go back and look at the English ones to see which side to peel off:p! Oh, and not flying- driving to the port :)

You got 8 luggage tags in your first batch. If one of them was bad, you would have seven left. Did you have more than seven pieces of luggage? :eek:

You got 8 luggage tags in your first batch. If one of them was bad, you would have seven left. Did you have more than seven pieces of luggage? :eek:

No, but there are four of us in the cabin and we each got 2 tags with our names on them. My husband and I each have two checked bags- a suitcase and a garment bag each -and the kids have one each. I suppose I could have used one of the tags with my kids names on it, but since I had the extra batch, I took one with my name on it.