Princess moved our rooms

Yingus

Just wanted to tell the final outcome to this. Our TA says that Princess didn't contact them. Princess says they did. Our only option was to let customer service know once we got on board that we would like our room changed if possible. Of course we did that, and we were never moved. Our room p209, while some might like because it was on the Plaza level, we didn't care for it. The layout was different and the room was smaller with the bed under the window. We also did not enjoy being on a lower floor level. Our parents, E121 was actually a great room. Outside was a deck that people walked by, but where the steps were located, made it unlikely that someone would walk directing in front of the window. The other bonus was there was a door at the end of the hall that took you out on to the deck. It worked great for my parents so they could go in and warm up during the Tracy Arms part. (and whale watching) My brother's room E618 was an obstructed view, and yet only had a cable in front of it, so they had a good view. The layout of the room was the same as E121. They were fine with the location and they were close to the back elevators.

I did learn a lesson...mark your room do not move if you don't want it changed. Thanks everyone for your advise.

I am sorry you had to go through this......

Thats really too bad, I could tell you they will pretty much never move you once onboard. This has to be resolved with the main office before the cruise.

I say not acceptable. :(

E121 is a great location on the upper Promenade deck.

Did you find the door about 10 cabins forward of their cabin to get outside?

[

I booked through Princess and didn't see on the reservation where I could mark it "no upgrade". After reading these messages of unwanted upgrades I called them this morning and had them mark it for me. I picked my specific cabin and I want to keep it. :)

Since the upgrade option is not visible that's the only way to change it from the default of accepting any upgrade...glad you were able to make the change to no upgrade. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

This is my favorite princess prt peeve. If you don't read these boards you won't know how to request "no upgrade." The option needs to be available on the online forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Getting in at the end on this thread, but wanted to share our upgrade experiences. Both were meta upgrades from OV to Balcony and we were not notified til we checked in. While loving to have a balcony at a good price, did not love not getting our luggage until very late (obviously had the "wrong" cabin no.). On the Crown last Jan. it came about 7 pm -- the gal in charge of sorting out the undelivered baggage was down to the last 12 pieces when we ran into her off the atrium. I got acquainted with the Captain Circle Host and told him how unhappy we were. May be why we got invited to the Captain's Luncheon. We're Elite, but rarely have enough days to be invited. It was one of Capt. Tony Yeoman's last cruises so that made it even more special.

We received a similar upgrade on the Coral in April 2013, but luggage came a bit earlier than in Jan.

Barb

Getting in at the end on this thread, but wanted to share our upgrade experiences. Both were meta upgrades from OV to Balcony and we were not notified til we checked in. While loving to have a balcony at a good price, did not love not getting our luggage until very late (obviously had the "wrong" cabin no.). On the Crown last Jan. it came about 7 pm -- the gal in charge of sorting out the undelivered baggage was down to the last 12 pieces when we ran into her off the atrium. I got acquainted with the Captain Circle Host and told him how unhappy we were. May be why we got invited to the Captain's Luncheon. We're Elite, but rarely have enough days to be invited. It was one of Capt. Tony Yeoman's last cruises so that made it even more special.

We received a similar upgrade on the Coral in April 2013, but luggage came a bit earlier than in Jan.

Barb

if the upgrade happens again and you dont know and your luggage would go to your other cabin, its happened to us so we went to the old cabin and it was sitting outside the door so we retrieved it ourself

being invited to the captains luncheon you would have been on the list as i dont think he would have been able to slot you in other wise