Carnival Pride worst case scenario....

Izzybee

Hi!

I've just booked a guaranteed balcony on the Carnival Pride...for us the price it was worth it even if the view is obscured, as our PVP advised us it could be.

My question is what's the worst case scenario for a guaranteed balcony cabin on the Pride?

You know what they say, prepare for the worst, hope for something better, but at any rate I won't be disappointed :)

On the Pride there really is no bad balcony.

You could get an obstructed balcony within the first 3 lifeboats/ But for you to get that category would be very rare although it does happen.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d802b3127ccefa3a2842be1300000030O18AaMmzJk5bNAe3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

There are quite a few of the obstructed balconies left for your sailing. but many in the indentation of the ship-- your view down will be lifeboats.

Please post and let us know what cat you received with your guarantee balcony

Edited by serene56

Thank you!

That's what the PVP told us, I was just seeing what someone who isn't a rep for the company had to say - it's a first cruise and it seems too good to be true!

I really don't mind having a lifeboat under/next to us, if that's as bad as it gets :)

for a first cruise you have nothing at all to compare it to. I see there is a 100pp price difference between picking your own and letting them pick it-- thats huge.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a follow up, I just got our stateroom assignment. 8221 on the Pride which after a quick google I find is an extended balcony. It's right under the lido deck, but we all sleep like the dead so I'm less worried about noise. All in all I'm happy :)

• 2 months later...
Just as a follow up, I just got our stateroom assignment. 8221 on the Pride which after a quick google I find is an extended balcony. It's right under the lido deck, but we all sleep like the dead so I'm less worried about noise. All in all I'm happy :)

Hi Izzybee... we just booked a balcony guarantee too, under the 12 hr sale. Can you tell me how far in advance of the cruise you found out what your room number was?? How was the room?

thanks, Diane

Hi Izzybee... we just booked a balcony guarantee too, under the 12 hr sale. Can you tell me how far in advance of the cruise you found out what your room number was?? How was the room?thanks, iane

anywhere from 30 days to day of sailing is when you get assigned.

you are still 100+ days from sailing.. its too early for you to get assigned yet

• 3 months later...

We booked a 12 hour deal... We just got our room and it's under the lido deck. I'm worried we will have trouble sleeping. We are in room 8193. Has anyone else had issues sleeping under the lido deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a 12 hour deal... We just got our room and it's under the lido deck. I'm worried we will have trouble sleeping. We are in room 8193. Has anyone else had issues sleeping under the lido deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this class ship is awesome with the sound proofing of the cabins

8193 is under the buffet not the pool deck. the area you are under is carpeted

no noise issues