Carnival destroys our luggage again

golfadj

Will say it was awesome that duffles weigh so much less than traditional suitcases.

Kind of old fashioned and like to examine stuff before we purchase so think we will buy it at Sams. Thanks for info though:)

I am not the one that has this bag. I was just trying to help with the links. :)

On my very first cruise in 2000 NCL damaged one bag but it was old and they blamed it on dry rot.(Thy pulled the handles off it and it had no wheels) They repaired it enough to get home. Got some good Sampanite but we are always having weight problems since they are built sturdy but heavy. Enter Walmart el-cheapo. First trip SW Airlines ripped it and Carnival knocked the wheels off. I patched that piece of junk together for a few more trips and after each one it needed repair. (homemade wheels, wood blocks for standing and good ol' duc tape.) Finally, I retired it to the curb (DW's orders) Now we're gonna try out her new (expensive) suitcases with wheels everywhere and hope they survive to live a long and busy life.

I've used the same suitcase for the last 5 cruises, and no issues! We use an older version of Ricardo Beverly Hills Valencia Light 25" Upright Luggage (that can be found on the JC Penney's website along with a video showing the suitcase, but we bought ours at Ross). I LOVE that I can place clothes on hangers in the front compartment. It's held up VERY well on the Elation, the Dream, the Liberty, and the Freedom. It's also flown about 5-6 times and traveled in my car countless times. I highly recommend it!

Well, so far our Protocol luggage from JCPenney has held up for 4 cruises, 2 trips to Las Vegas, a trip to Hawaii and too many trips to count to Florida. It got dented on the last cruise on the Breeze, but just bent the dent out on the side and it is as good as new. Also survived numerous road trips smashed into too-small rental car trunks.

Hope it makes it to Cancun next week!

Well, so far our Protocol luggage from JCPenney has held up for 4 cruises, 2 trips to Las Vegas, a trip to Hawaii and too many trips to count to Florida. It got dented on the last cruise on the Breeze, but just bent the dent out on the side and it is as good as new. Also survived numerous road trips smashed into too-small rental car trunks.

Hope it makes it to Cancun next week!

Does it have recessed wheels?