Carnival Valor August 10, 2014

aj1982

Hi there - will be joining you on this sailing. Just booked this today. Look forward to meeting you. I'm leaving my partner at home and traveling with my side of the family to spend some quality time with my nieces. I definitely need to look into the drink package...... :)

Hi there - will be joining you on this sailing. Just booked this today. Look forward to meeting you. I'm leaving my partner at home and traveling with my side of the family to spend some quality time with my nieces. I definitely need to look into the drink package...... :)

Drinks are always fun! I'm AJ and my partner is Adam, he is 29 and I'm 31. Always happy to meet "like minded" ppl on board. Planning to try to get to the FOD meeting on night one (assuming they have one!) So maybe that would be a good spot to say hey. This cruise should be a blast have wanted to do it for years, the itinerary looks awesome!

That sounds great AJ. I will plead the 5th on my age. I'm on late seating dining, so depending on when they schedule it will determine whether or not I'm there. I'm never too far away from the martini bar or the running track (depending on how many martinis I drank the day before).

My husband and I are looking at booking this cruise. I just need to convince him. :) We are in our mid-30s and live in Baltimore.

Haha doesn't take much convincing for me. Warm weather, beaches, snorkeling, drinks... Sold! Have been to st Thomas and st maarten before, both great stops. Looking forward to seeing what Barbados, st. Lucia and st. Kitts have to offer.

We are officially booked. :) Looking forward to this trip!

Awesome! And, only 25 days to go. Got a couple of excursions booked as well, but most stops going to be bumming around on the beach I think haha.

Not too far from Cafe Hon -- about 15 minutes away.

The first night we usually get reservations at the steak house for the free bottle of wine. We will try to attend most of the GLBT gatherings and will probably be at the martini bar most evenings.

I love Baltimore. I have good friends in Hampden neighborhood - couple guys I met on a cruise years ago. So they took me out to your local bars and haunts when I was down a couple years ago. Am thinking about visiting again Labour Day weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hampden is pretty cool. We are in Canton, and there is a ton to do here as well.

Labor Day in the city is pretty quiet and great time to come. Most people leave the city and go to the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

As of 2 hours ago I am now officially on vacation - so now I can turn my attention to getting packed etc.

Envious you're going in a couple days early - I couldn't make everyone's schedules work to do that so I've got crappy connections on the day we sail -- not even landing in San Juan til 4pm. :(

Where are you staying in San Juan?

Edited by Toronto Guy

The husband booked the place we are staying, so I don't know what the name is, but it is in Old San Juan.

So lucky! We will be arriving Sunday at about 1. Still debating about heading to the ship right away or touring San Juan for a bit before.

I believe you can check in, and then go on/off the boat like a normal port-of-call.

We are going to the Steakhouse that first night, so I think we will probably get there early, relax, have a drink, and eat up.