Air deviation…how early can you book

edgee

Looking forward to our May 2015 Montreal London Marina trip. We will for the first time be using Oceania air with a deviation so we can spend more time in both cities. Final payment date is in October. Is that the earliest we can request and confirm flights with deviation? Or is it possible sooner?

You can book your deviation around 270 days before. That said, you will not be ticketed until after final payment (FP) has been made. You can make payment sooner and request the flight is ticketed sooner if you want. Note that you *might* still not be able to select seats based on a number of factors such the specific airline, the (likely unknown) class of your booking. Choosing early does give more flight option though.

Also are you certain about FP due in October? I expected it to be in January.

You can book your deviation around 270 days before. That said, you will not be ticketed until after final payment (FP) has been made. You can make payment sooner and request the flight is ticketed sooner if you want. Note that you *might* still not be able to select seats based on a number of factors such the specific airline, the (likely unknown) class of your booking. Choosing early does give more flight option though.

Also are you certain about FP due in October? I expected it to be in January.

Yes, I stand corrected. Final payment date is in December.

We are sailing on September 27th and just made final payment; however, we booked our flights with air deviation in March -- 3 months before final payment. If you book with air deviation and it is within the timeframe for booking, you can then pick your seats. We've done it on more than one occasion. Check with your TA about this. Arlene;)

If one is using O Air, and doing a deviation, they should pay for the tickets up front and get their flights and seat assignments ASAP. This is especially true if one is wanting to upgrade to Premium Economy (or similar) on the long flights. These seats are limited and often sell out very rapidly, and if one waits for O's normal booking schedule the chances of the seats being sold out is very high.

We booked our flights ourselves to Sidney for our Feb 2015 cruise in March of this year. All P .E. seats of both flights were sold out before month end, were as business/first and economy seats still exist. If one was trying to book the seats through O, on their regular payment, they would not get the upgrades and would be stuck in economy.

We are also on this cruise and as soon as flights opened I sent the flight numbers and dates I wanted. They will be sent to Oceania the first or second week of Sept and we should know shortly thereafter if they accepted them. Done it before and never had a problem. Already booked hotels on both ends for several days before and after.