Booked Princess Pacific Coastal for April 2015

marcyjane

Book first Princess Line cruise this week-end. Will be first on Princess and look forward to seeing how Princess compares to others I sailed on. The ship is Crown Princess for April 2015. LA Roundtrip.

You folks here on Princess Board will have to put up with me for a while asking questions as being new to the Princess Line.

Thanks so much excited for cruise and visiting the LA/Hollywood area as well. We also hope to spend the pre cruise night on the Queen Mary.:)

Thanks

Marcy:)

Welcome to Princess!

I have one suggestion for you. Write down as many questions you have and then post them in one post instead of creating multiple threads, if possible. It just makes it easier for us to help you and you'll have your answers in one place. Of course, that isn't always possible, so ask away. We'll be happy to answer them!

Book first Princess Line cruise this week-end. Will be first on Princess and look forward to seeing how Princess compares to others I sailed on. The ship is Crown Princess for April 2015. LA Roundtrip.

You folks here on Princess Board will have to put up with me for a while asking questions as being new to the Princess Line.

Thanks so much excited for cruise and visiting the LA/Hollywood area as well. We also hope to spend the pre cruise night on the Queen Mary.:)

Thanks

Marcy:)

Welcome to Princess also!

We'll be on the Crown Princess in October on the 7-day California Coastal Cruise. Hope to post various pics and a review after the trip.....so stay tuned! Again welcome!

We'll be on the Crown Princess in October on the 7-day California Coastal Cruise. Hope to post various pics and a review after the trip.....so stay tuned! Again welcome!

Can't wait to see you pic's and about your cruise in October. Thanks

Welcome to Princess!

I have one suggestion for you. Write down as many questions you have and then post them in one post instead of creating multiple threads, if possible. It just makes it easier for us to help you and you'll have your answers in one place. Of course, that isn't always possible, so ask away. We'll be happy to answer them!

Good idea Thanks will try and do that.:)

Welcome..:)

We are taking this cruise in 80 days, in Sept.

Pat

Marcyjane, that itinerary was also our first on Princess. Loved it. Have just recently returned from Princess in Alaska and are booking a Mexican itinerary for early Fall. You will have much fun.:D

Marcyjane, that itinerary was also our first on Princess. Loved it. Have just recently returned from Princess in Alaska and are booking a Mexican itinerary for early Fall. You will have much fun.:D

Thanks Jim, sounds like you enjoyed your cruise. Can you share any of your experiences, things you done in port stops or ship in general.:)

Thanks,

Marcy

This is the itinerary we were looking into as well ... but think we are going to do the one that leaves out of SF instead, as there are no airfare costs for us.

We did an 8 night on Celebrity in March from LA up to SF and back down to Ensenada ending up in LA. Wow...it was so much fun...especially being a tourist in our own backyard as this is something we would not otherwise do.

There were some fantastic groupons to be found for activities in SF....mostly half price or greater.

We toured the Pampantino, a wartime sub docked well within walking distance of the pier, even the new one they are building. We did the hop on hop off bus -- learned a lot about the city and the aquarium by the bay. We also walked down to the Ferry building -- what a great place to walk around and taste wine, etc. All were so much fun and new to us even though the city is just a short drive from where we live.

We had left on March 21st and saw so many whales just from the observation deck of the ship -- depending on what part of April you are setting sail, you may see some but it is at the edge of the season. That, for us, was the best tour ever -- no additional charge. I would say in all we saw about 100 whales throughout that week --- maybe some being the same ones we saw over and over but it was the highlight.

This is the itinerary we were looking into as well ... but think we are going to do the one that leaves out of SF instead, as there are no airfare costs for us.

We did an 8 night on Celebrity in March from LA up to SF and back down to Ensenada ending up in LA. Wow...it was so much fun...especially being a tourist in our own backyard as this is something we would not otherwise do.

There were some fantastic groupons to be found for activities in SF....mostly half price or greater.

We toured the Pampantino, a wartime sub docked well within walking distance of the pier, even the new one they are building. We did the hop on hop off bus -- learned a lot about the city and the aquarium by the bay. We also walked down to the Ferry building -- what a great place to walk around and taste wine, etc. All were so much fun and new to us even though the city is just a short drive from where we live.

We had left on March 21st and saw so many whales just from the observation deck of the ship -- depending on what part of April you are setting sail, you may see some but it is at the edge of the season. That, for us, was the best tour ever -- no additional charge. I would say in all we saw about 100 whales throughout that week --- maybe some being the same ones we saw over and over but it was the highlight.

Wow sounds wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing and so glad you all had a good time. This will be first time in LA/SanFran area so looking forward to the trip. We are doing a lot of planning for flying in day before and touring LA with a private company LA Private Tours and then taken over to Queen Mary in Long Beach area to spend the night aboard before sailing out the next morning. Again Thanks so much.

• 3 months later...

Marcyjane,

We did this itinerary two or three years ago and really enjoyed it. I would make two suggestions for you:

1) Be sure to set your alarm early so that you can be up for the arrival into San Francisco under the Golden Gate Bridge. The view of the city lights as dawn is breaking is not to be missed (hopefully it won't be fogged in).

2) A couple of years ago Princess offered a wine tasting tour in Ensenada that visited two different wineries out in the valley. One was a small family owned winery and the other was a large commercial winery. We had planned to treat Ensenada as a "sea day" and just stay on board the ship but at the last minute we decided to take the tour and we were so happy we did. It was a wonderful day with beautiful scenery and great wine tasting. I highly recommend it.

Enjoy your trip. It could be chilly and windy at that time of year so be sure to pack a jacket.

On our coastal a few years back, we walked over to the Midway which is docked close to the cruise ships in San Diego and is now a National Park or Historical Site. Wonderful public tour, and DH loved the fighter jet simulator which put his computer games to shame. :D. Don't miss the gift shop (forget which deck it was on) - some fun and unique items. Enjoy your cruise, and I hope you have a great experience with Princess!

Edited by LoriPhil

Welcome to Princess!

Even better, post all your questions about this cruise in this topic. Keep everything together in one place. Just book mark this topic so you can find it later and recycle it as needed!

Terry