The International Dinner - Where is the love?

POA1

No. It's "Frozen Florida" which has hot liqueur inside of frozen merengue coated with chocolate, and held together with caramel "glue" . It sounds like something that would be made up - but it's not. You'll sometimes see it in a restaurant that specializes in molecular gastronomy. (While it's cool, it's not a real winner as a dessert.)

1994-04-03.gif

Behave:D:p:D.

• 1 month later...

Thinking about our upcoming Alaska cruise, I was wondering if HAL was still offering its international menu and my search uncovered this thread. DW and I have always enjoyed this meal in the past as it offers quite a varied menu from the usual MDR fare, and we would have been disappointed if it was no longer offered.

Well I just got off the Oosterdam and we ate I the MDR every night. W we like being waited on. I really disliked the international menu. Dessert was fine but I'm a plain eater. So next cruise I'll book the Pinnacle.

Thinking about our upcoming Alaska cruise, I was wondering if HAL was still offering its international menu and my search uncovered this thread. DW and I have always enjoyed this meal in the past as it offers quite a varied menu from the usual MDR fare, and we would have been disappointed if it was no longer offered.

It was on the Zuiderdam in May, and hopefully it will be on our upcoming cruises. It's one of our favorite dinners as we like to try different items from different "regions". However, I've been on six cruises where it has been offered, and usually order the same items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.

We always enjoyed the Master Chef dinner and felt that was a chance for the staff to let their hair down and enjoy themselves. At least it certainly appeared that the dinning room staff enjoyed the evening.

We can always find something to eat on International Night but none of the choices on the menu would be our first choice on any other night. The choices are just not that interesting to us.