Hilton Rose Hall

ljzelenz

Different question than all the time concerns. The resort has lockers for valuables, anyone used them? Are they easy to find? Would I need my own lock?

thanks

Also, if you did not use a locker how did you secure your valuable when you went to the pool or lazy river?

Thanks

Getting confused. So the options to go to resort is going through boat or going straight to hotel and buying day pass? Is resort for a day a separate tour company. Doing RCI in December

You can also book it through Resort For a Day, google them.

Getting confused. So the options to go to resort is going through boat or going straight to hotel and buying day pass? Is resort for a day a separate tour company. Doing RCI in December

Resort For A Day is a company that you can book Rose Hall. They are like a vendor (has nothing to do with the cruise ship). They have booking for several different ports, not only in Jamaica, but others in the Caribbean. We have used them twice now and had excellent service and I'm sure it's probably a lot cheaper than any cruise ship sponsored tour to the exact same place and so easy to do. :)

Resort For A Day is a company that you can book Rose Hall. They are like a vendor (has nothing to do with the cruise ship). They have booking for several different ports, not only in Jamaica, but others in the Caribbean. We have used them twice now and had excellent service and I'm sure it's probably a lot cheaper than any cruise ship sponsored tour to the exact same place and so easy to do. :)

My son is 2 so you think that Rose Hall is the best place for us in Jamaica. I was looking through your reviews and saw you seem to enjoy the same places as us. Is Rose Hall the type of place you can walk in the day of and get entrance or is it like Atlantis and other places that only have set numbers which makes it risky last minute?

We are also working on researching Grand Cayman....7 mile beach seems to have a lot of beachy clubs but unsure which one to commit to.

Thanks

Celeste

My son is 2 so you think that Rose Hall is the best place for us in Jamaica. I was looking through your reviews and saw you seem to enjoy the same places as us. Is Rose Hall the type of place you can walk in the day of and get entrance or is it like Atlantis and other places that only have set numbers which makes it risky last minute?

We are also working on researching Grand Cayman....7 mile beach seems to have a lot of beachy clubs but unsure which one to commit to.

Thanks

Celeste

We did the Rose Hall through Resort For a Day earlier this year with daughter, son in law and two granddaughters one of who was 4 years old. The pool is great for a small child as it is one of those zero entry types. The beach is just so,so. Food and drinks excellent, especially the frozen drinks. Everyone had a great day.

The Rose Hall to me is too far to just walk in day of. You would also have no idea if they have day passes available.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thanks

Celeste

I don't know which December cruise you will be on but Oasis will be in Falmouth the same day. With 8000 passengers total in port I would be nervous about relying on walk up for anything. :eek:

Thanks

Celeste

I can't really say it would be the "best" place because it's the only place we have been to when we docked at Montego Bay (Falmouth also goes here). The time before that, we docked in Ocho Rios and went to a similar resort (also booked using the same company, Resort For A Day) and loved it too.

There is also another resort that is right there by the port called Sunset Beach. It is similar to the one we visited in Ocho Rios (called Sunset Grande). I personally have not been here, so can't personally recommend it from experience, but it looks like a decent place for anyone who has kids. HERE is a link to tons of pictures of the place (they are NOT my pictures, but pictures that someone pointed me at when I was on my quest to find the perfect place to go to when we were in Montego Bay last year). It gives you a pretty good idea of what the place is like. They are also known to be cheaper than Rose Hall.

As far as booking: I wouldn't just show up and book. I'm honestly not even sure you can do that because the bookings (from my understanding) comes from the 3rd party source (JFAD) and I thought they don't book the day passes themselves there at the hotel. I personally wouldn't risk it and be turned away and I don't recall seeing anything on their website (back when I was researching it) where the resort offered day passes.

I can't really comment on the beaches in Grand Cayman. Each time we have been there, we have down the stingray sandbar excursion and went to the beach they provided (Rum Point) and loved it. If I ever return, I'll hit up one of the beaches like 7 mile (or Smiths Cove because of the snorkeling).

Hopefully this info will help. :)