fantasy or fascination???

ccleveland

I can't speak for Fantasy but I have been on both Fascination and Paradise. Paradise wins hands down and I don't see me ever going on to Fascination again. We were on it back in Nov 2013 and the food was horrible. Both in the dining room and all the other different areas EXCEPT the deli. I don't know what it was because we have always enjoyed the different food but they couldn't get orders correct in the dining room and the overall quality everywhere just wasn't very good. That was our only problem though. The crew was fantastic (no complaints in that department from any of our cruises) but when you are eating almost all of your meals there for several days, the food needs to be edible.

We sail next week on the Fantasy, so I'll be able to compare then. We've done Fascination 3 times and have enjoyed it everytime. I usually went Fascination over Fantasy because of Half Moon Cay. This time, Fantasy will include Half Moon Cay.:D

We choose the Fascination. It's a couple of hours longer drive, but we can get a balcony without paying double for a suite. We loved the Fascination the last time we were on her, and we're booked for another in September.

I can't speak for Fantasy but I have been on both Fascination and Paradise. Paradise wins hands down and I don't see me ever going on to Fascination again. We were on it back in Nov 2013 and the food was horrible. Both in the dining room and all the other different areas EXCEPT the deli. I don't know what it was because we have always enjoyed the different food but they couldn't get orders correct in the dining room and the overall quality everywhere just wasn't very good. That was our only problem though. The crew was fantastic (no complaints in that department from any of our cruises) but when you are eating almost all of your meals there for several days, the food needs to be edible.

Did you think that the crew on your Carnival Fascination cruise will stay the same? It's very possible for you to repeat this exact experience on any Carnival ship. Considering the average crew contract is between six and nine months, you will have a completely different experience the next time you sail on the Carnival Fascination.

Fantasy because it's closer to my house.

If you want a balcony I would go with the Fascination. The fantasy does not have these unless you book a suite.

Not only do you have to book a suite on Fantasy to get a balcony .... but to get a suite in a good location you have to book a Grand Suite.

LuLu

I would vote for Fascination because airfare to Jacksonville is cheap for me. I don't have any other Fantasy-class ships to compare it to, however.

Fascination for us. We've sailed her twice and have a B2B booked on her for next April. Been on Fantasy twice, but don't like going out of Charleston. Also been on Paradise twice, but it is a longer drive for us to go out of Tampa.

Paradise, hands down. This ship has excellent cooks, (Food is good is what I mean)very nice staff, and the ship is in great condition for it's age. But, if you want a balcony, do the Fascination. Are you cruising with kids?

:p

If you had to choose between fantasy, fascination, or even the paradise then which one and why???

I say Fantasy. I like the décor of the ship and the ports of call better. We did mid-ship interior and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Fascination is good for a cheap getaway. It's one of the least expensive. We've been on it 5 times. We like the Ocean View on the Empress Deck close to the big middle of stuff. ;)

Our November trip will make 10 on this ship, with the first when she was out of Port Canaveral in '96.

Charleston is the best port but has one of the most unusual processes to get you on-board. None of this is BAD or a negative, it's just one of those times when you think out loud "who thinks up this ****"

You are on-board just as fast as any other vessel at any port but it is "totally odd" {or that's what your teenage daughter would call it}.

As for the vessel, yep she's the oldest in the Carnival fleet. Yep she's the smallest. Do you know that she is the top rated ship in Carnival time and time again? The nice part is that she is not so large that you visit your Cruise Critic group one time then you never run into any of them again. You will see your friends daily. It's very pleasant.

I think it has to do with the clientele. You have quite a few "southerners" that take her voyages. Yes we talk to strangers, yes we socialize in elevators {not staring at the floor}, yes we help each other, etc.

As for the port, what can I say? Condé Nast top city in the USA three years in a row!

WrhIXE8tz2E

Don't pass us up!

We've been on Paradise once and Fascination several times. Have not been on Fantasy.

We prefer sailing out of Florida, rather than SC. I'd rather drive a little further to Jax than to pay higher fares to cruise out of Charleston.

As far as the ships, Paradise has not yet had the current upgrades. Fascination has had some upgrades, but has some cool balcony rooms that were added to the ship.

Fascination is usually ranked well on the best CCL ship in the fleet ranking.

We've sailed on both and keep going back to the Fantasy for our ship of choice. We just love the crew and everything about the ship. Not saying that the crew of the Fascination isn't good, but the crew of the Fantasy went above and beyond with everything! Besides, there's nothing like cruising from Charleston with its historic charm.

Guess you wont get the hands down answer you want. I would choose the Fascination, my upcoming cruise will be my 4th on her. If you are just doing the interior, porthole or ocean view, I would not by choice choose the Paradise, the life jackets are in a box on the floor, and it really changes the amount of room you have in your cabin.

BUT if you want to snorkel get over to Cozumel, if you want the perfect beach, stay in the Bahamas. If that helps at all.:)

I think I have made a choice after your help, other review, and even YouTube to go on victory or freedom. I want to do a cruise that takes me to exciting stops. I have been to Bahamas when I was little but the Miami and Fort Lauderdale port seems fun!