Steak House

w8ting2cruz

You heard wrong - you can't get a halfway decent steak in the MDR - steakhouse filet mignon is almost Morton quality -

But..but.but...I heard...ok read about it right here on CC....from one of the CC experts...they can't possible be wrong in their opinions could they?

We dined in the steakhouse on our 6/1/14 cruise. In 10 cruises, this was my first time and I will tell you....it is worth every penny (and then some). The lobster FAR exceeds what is served in the MDR,and in my opinion, the food in the MDR has really declined lately. I am happy to eat in the MDR, but the steakhouse will be a must do on every cruise now. We even booked a second meal on that cruise...it was that good, and I am a penny pincher:)

I had the surf/turf, FI had the NY strip. In my opinion the NY strip tasted better than my fillet, but the fillet wasn't bad at all! The wasabi mash was amazing, and the chocolate dessert was so so good. This was on the Freedom if that helps anyone to know.

My DH and I have done the steakhouse on both the Dream and the Breeze and had a great experience at both. I would do the Steak House again and already have it booked on the Miracle in 2015. I am looking forward to it and hopefully it will be as good as my past experiences.

After trying the dining room on the Pride the first night, we elected to eat at the steak house the rest of the cruise. Was very good and well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you go to the Steak House the first night and you get a free bottle of wine, is the wine something you take with you, or do you drink it at the table. Sorry, but I have never gone the first night and I am interested to know.

We visit the steakhouse at least once every cruise, most times twice.

It is that good. And for those who say that they don't see the need to pay extra for a meal, just go to Morton's, Del Frisco's, or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and compare the costs. No comparison.

I don't know if they let you take the unfinished wine, as we've never had that happen.

Yes they will let you take the wine with you. They will also put your name and cabin # on the bottle and store it for you for the next night you are in the MDR. Just let you MDR waiter know and they will get the bottle. That worked out just fine for me. Enjoy the steakhouse!:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

We are planning to eat at the steakhouse and cannot wait, just a little concerned, my sister is a huge eater, and i hope she isn't hungry, as i have read that you cannot order two entrees? Are you able to order 2 desserts? those are her favorite.

I won't even sail on a ship that doesn't have a steakhouse. I think we've been about four times and each time has been great. The only not so nice thing I can think of is one time my French onion soup was overcooked but, after bringing it to their attention, the staff offered (almost begged) me to select something else on the menu. Plus we've always had very good, personable service. The dining experience itself is worth every penny.

Oh, I forgot...the desserts... I was leery about ordering the cheesecake because of all the comments I'd read on CC but I really enjoyed it. Although I did not care for the chocolate sampler or the apple puff thingy.

I'm so ready to be back at the steakhouse again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for the info! I've booked the Steakhouse on the Miracle next week and was mostly worried that I'd pay $70 and leave still hungry. We. Can. Eat. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the info! I've booked the Steakhouse on the Miracle next week and was mostly worried that I'd pay $70 and leave still hungry. We. Can. Eat. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me. There's food food food. I can eat, and I was SO full, I skipped breakfast the next morning. It not like me to pass on an omelet any morning of a cruise.

I love going to the steak house and we got at least once every cruise. I like the atmosphere, service and food. I honestly cannot say, to me, the food in the MDR is no where near as good as that in the steak house. Flat iron steak is not as good to me as the filet, strip steak or rib eye steak just as an example. I love the lobster bisque, Caesar salad and especially the mashed potatoes. The bisque in the MDR is not the same as the steak house and I haven't ever been able to order wasabi mashed potatoes in the MDR. Even when the choice in the MDR is a strip steak, it is thin and not the same as the steak house.

I know there are several who feel it isn't worth the money because they have already paid for food on the ship. I guess I would rather spend the money going to the steak house as I don't spend money on a lot of drinks or excursions because we have been on many cruises and have done what we wanted to already.

To each his own.

• 3 weeks later...
I love going to the steak house and we got at least once every cruise. I like the atmosphere, service and food. I honestly cannot say, to me, the food in the MDR is no where near as good as that in the steak house. Flat iron steak is not as good to me as the filet, strip steak or rib eye steak just as an example. I love the lobster bisque, Caesar salad and especially the mashed potatoes. The bisque in the MDR is not the same as the steak house and I haven't ever been able to order wasabi mashed potatoes in the MDR. Even when the choice in the MDR is a strip steak, it is thin and not the same as the steak house.

I know there are several who feel it isn't worth the money because they have already paid for food on the ship. I guess I would rather spend the money going to the steak house as I don't spend money on a lot of drinks or excursions because we have been on many cruises and have done what we wanted to already.

To each his own.

Thank you. I love steak - Not too many places that I don't like a steak at but I don't like the MDR steak. The texture just tastes off to me. I wanted to try the steakhouse and now I am sure I want to. Really appreciate your post.

I dunno...you all sure about this steakhouse thing? I've recently read right here on this forum that you can get as good, or maybe a BETTER meal in the MDR..for no additional cost!!! So, like I dunno......

In my opinion that is not true. The steak in the steakhouse is 100 times better than the MDR.