Dolphin & Sting Ray Excursion in Grand Cayman?

Has anyone done the combined Dolphin Encounter & Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman Excursion offered by RC?

We will be in Grand Cayman on my daughter's 13th bday and thought this would be a wonderful surprise for her.

Thanks in advance for your reviews.

Has anyone done the combined Dolphin Encounter & Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman Excursion offered by RC?

We will be in Grand Cayman on my daughter's 13th bday and thought this would be a wonderful surprise for her.

Thanks in advance for your reviews.

To beat the crowded boat, you may want to consider using Captain Marvin. We used them twice and loved them. Smaller quaint boats that arent over flowing with people.

We did both on separate cruises.

For the Dolphins, be mindful that those guys like their water COLD. People might think you're a big dork for bringing something a little more thermally protective if you have it; but you, the handlers and the dolphins will have the last laugh.

For the Stingrays, by time we got out there the food for them was gone. Earlier is better. food or not, those suckers are not the least bit afraid of people though so watch yourself.

For both, finding the bus ride THERE is no problem. Getting a bus ride back... and mind you this was separate excursions on different cruises... was an adventure or finding whatever seat you can on any bus headed to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Fat Fish Adventures was just awesome, you are getting the same experience

that the 100 ppl to a catamaran are getting but much better!! We did the jetski tour......when my younger son decided he did not like the bouncing of

the jetski (he was an underweight 10 yr old) out guide let him drive the boat on the way back....he still talks abt how awesome it was!!

Whenever we are on a cruise that goes to Grand Cayman we always book the stingray city tour (usually the catamaran). This is one of the few excursion that we do this for. It is great.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. From my research it looks as if Dolphin Cove will offer a better Dolphin Swim experience. I ask Royal Carribbean which excursion they offer but I got this reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, our agreements with our tour operators do not allow us to release the names of our tour"

Looks like I will be booking my dolphin swim/sting ray excursion on my own.