Question about Princess Menus

metsmom

We always have dinner in the main dining room and have NEVER looked at the menu ahead of time, as we consider it bad luck PLUS we like the surprise of opening the menu at the table. There is always something we like and we have no food intolerances. But that is just our tradition. (However, we do look at the lunch menu to decide if we want to eat there or the buffet):D

My tradition is to have the waiter pick for me one night, from the appetizer all the way to the dessert. You need to have a menu that is favorable of course, but I am usually not very picky and like spontaneity. I have never been disappointed. Only one time did a waiter decline. He was pretty meek and couldn't handle the pressure I guess. Most of the time the waiter is excited for the challenge.

If you are booked for traditional dining and decide you are not going to attend its polite to let the dining room staff know. Many people don't do this of course but I've found that they appreciate knowing you aren't coming that night as they like to take the orders for the entire table before they begin serving and not knowing you aren't coming can delay the process for the wait staff and for your table mates.

I've been at a couple of ports where, because of late scheduling, all the MDR dining was made anytime. Other than that, it's considered bad form for people with traditional to go to anytime, at least unless you check with the maitre d'. You'd be keeping those assigned to anytime waiting longer for a table, and also leaving a traditional seat that someone else might have wanted empty.

As others have stated, there are other options. Might be a good night to make ressies at Sabatini's.

Your agent should waitlist you for the time you want. Once final payment is made, you could possibly clear the waitlist. My solution to that problem in our case is go for AnyTime dining. You can go there any night at any time your prefer, of get together between, I think it is 6PM to 10 PM.. This is the best way to dine, we think. Sometimes after being on shore or at the pool you are hungry and want to go early. Sometimes you prefer a nap or cocktails before a later dinner. Any Time dining will solve your family situation. If you want Any Time dining, have your agent book that for you.

Edited by cruiseancook
Added last sentence