Children's Fares

Av8tor

Looking at an Alaska cruise next spring treating our son, DIL, and granddaughter too! How does Princess price fares for a 2 year old in a separate cabin with her parents?

Thanks

Edited by Av8tor

This is correct. When we cruised with our then 16 month old grandchild, the first pricing for the 3rd person was actually greater than the first 2! The first 2 had a 'sale' and 3 and 4 none or not at least lower than what the sale was for person 1 and 2. The price ended up becoming the same as the first 2 people but that was just the luck of a new sale before final pmt. (cruise was booked about 5 mo. prior to sailing if that matters) A soul is a soul. I just read that NCL is having a children sail free but it comes with a 2 paying full fare deal. So may or may not be less costly than a good regular sale.

I know that this will not be of benefit to the OP but for UK bookings Princess offers regular promotions where the 3rd and 4th passengers cost £99 each. Therefore if this applies it is well worth waiting for these to come along.

By the way UK passengers are also currently eligible for post booking price reductions.

I know that we have always gotten a third person rate for our daughter, even when traveling during high demand holidays, usually about 40 per cent or so (of our fare, not including gov't/port fees and taxes). Hopefully that's not a thing of the past (last cruise was in 2012/13) even though by the time we go on another cruise, she'll be off to college.

The problem (at least for us) with children sail for free fares is that those are usually offered when most kids are in school (so it'll be good for families with preschoolers, homeschoolers, or for kids going to schools in districts that allow vacations during the school year) and/or on cruise lines we wouldn't go on.

I have to say the 3rd/4th fares that I have seen are not very favorable.:(

I know. Almost worth another cabin to be booked for the extra room/bathroom. Of course, not in the case of the OP but in general for adults or older children.

We've received great prices for the third person so far...our son is only one and already been on 3 cruises and has 3 more booked in the next year! We just booked one in which our fare was $1349 each and his was $749. That's a heck of a lot better than NCL, which we are sailing with in August...his fare was something like $50 less than ours - whoop de doo!

I know. Almost worth another cabin to be booked for the extra room/bathroom. Of course, not in the case of the OP but in general for adults or older children.

Yes, very good point...we did that several times.

Thanks for all the replies! Who "woulda thunk" that they don't have kids'fares...ME for one! :eek: Guess we'll just have to budget for that and also look into the cost of the family suites...