Can you negotiate a lower price by dealing with a RCI rep?

We have been looking to book but haven't pulled the trigger, or hit enter. RCI called to see if they could help. Can I get a better rate than on line? We already qualify for the law enforcement discount. Can booking over the phone be a benefit over booking on line?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been looking to book but haven't pulled the trigger, or hit enter. RCI called to see if they could help. Can I get a better rate than on line? We already qualify for the law enforcement discount. Can booking over the phone be a benefit over booking on line?

No negotiating but if you delay much longer the LE discount will go away. They only allocate a minimum number of those and when they are gone :( Book any way you wish - it's your choice.

It was RCI who called us, not a travel agency. Can't they go lower than their online price?

Unless something has changed RCI does not negotiate fares. The online price is it. The best I have heard is 100 OBC for a reservation screw up. Good Luck.

No negotiating but if you delay much longer the LE discount will go away. They only allocate a minimum number of those and when they are gone :( Book any way you wish - it's your choice.

^^This

The police discount has been the best discount we've been able to find.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Go ahead and book it. Then keep checking prices, if you find a price drop before final payment date, they should be able to adjust it. Don't pay more than your deposit. Hold the rest until final payment. Other discounts are state resident or senior discount, but they're not combineable.

Years ago, I got price quotes from five TAs, and they were the same to the penny.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Edited by knittinggirl