NCL Newbie

runner2013

HI all,

I am looking at a cruise on Sky in January as a quick get away from the snow. I've never taken NCL so I have a few questions hopefully you can answer for me.

I understand there is a corkage fee if I bring a bottle of wine onboard. Do I pay that with a credit card right away or is it put on my sail card? (RC has a sign and sail card for everything so i'm guessing NCL has something similar)

Can I pre-pay the tips before I go?

Is there also a service fee separate of the tips and can I also pre-pay that before I leave?

Finally, from what i've read, the dining is not structured, meaning I can just go to either of the 'big' dining rooms whenever I choose and can ask to be seated at a small table since i'm traveling solo?

Thanks in advance for you help.

:D

I'm not sure about the corkage fee. I would assume they charge it to your master bill, but I don't know for sure.

The daily service charge of $12pp can be prepaid. You can log on to NCL site and do that or call NCL. There aren't separate tips that are mandatory.

Yes, you can dine anytime, anywhere. Peak times get busier and sometimes there is a wait. You can sit by yourself or with whomever you want always if you like.

Edited by sc2011

HI all,

I am looking at a cruise on Sky in January as a quick get away from the snow. I've never taken NCL so I have a few questions hopefully you can answer for me.

I understand there is a corkage fee if I bring a bottle of wine onboard. Do I pay that with a credit card right away or is it put on my sail card? (RC has a sign and sail card for everything so i'm guessing NCL has something similar)

Can I pre-pay the tips before I go?

Is there also a service fee separate of the tips and can I also pre-pay that before I leave?

Finally, from what i've read, the dining is not structured, meaning I can just go to either of the 'big' dining rooms whenever I choose and can ask to be seated at a small table since i'm traveling solo?

Thanks in advance for you help.

:D

The corkage fee goes on your shipboard account, they fill out a manual slip for it. NCL uses a service charge model and the service charges may be pre-paid by calling NCL or through your MyNCL online account. Yes, you show up at the MDR and say you are a party of 1 (but you may also request to be seated with others if you wish).