Itinerary Help Please

jormot

Back at looking for an Alaskan Cruise in June 2015. This will be our first time to Alaska and are looking at these two options. Both appeal to us for different reasons.

1. R/T Seattle - this includes Sitka which I have heard great things about and it's easy for us to get to.

2. R/T Vancouver - can take a smaller vessel to Tracy Arm

As I said, both have their positives. Sitka really appeals to us but not sure giving up the inside passage is worth it. Both include Glacier Bay, Juneau, & Ketchikan. Any suggestions for those who have been? Thanks

Back at looking for an Alaskan Cruise in June 2015. This will be our first time to Alaska and are looking at these two options. Both appeal to us for different reasons.

1. R/T Seattle - this includes Sitka which I have heard great things about and it's easy for us to get to.

2. R/T Vancouver - can take a smaller vessel to Tracy Arm

As I said, both have their positives. Sitka really appeals to us but not sure giving up the inside passage is worth it. Both include Glacier Bay, Juneau, & Ketchikan. Any suggestions for those who have been? Thanks

Well, for me I'd probably take the one that goes to Sitka (we've not been there yet). But I really love departing Vancouver over Seattle.

I have done them both, and I wouldn't miss Sitka. Try and get a tour with Captain Davey, or Ryan Kauffman, either is fantastic. When you are in Ketchikan, book the Misty Fiords tour, it is wonderful too.

If you want feedback, post a link to each cruise, or type out the port times for each.

When choosing an itinerary there are other important considerations. ie port times: are you in port long enough for your planned activities? and at an appropriate time of day? And the month of travel... if bear viewing is a priority are you travelling at a peak time?

Ok. Both are HAL cruises. We are planning mid-June with our two top criteria are Glacier Bay & flights to Seattle (2 free). The itineraries are below:

R/T Seattle

Juneau 1-10pm

Glacier Bay 7-4pm

Sitka 7-3pm

Ketchikan 7-1pm

R/T Vancouver

Juneau 1-10pm

Skagway 7-9pm

Glacier Bay 7-4pm

Ketchikan 10-6pm

Hope to get some more input! Thanks!

Do you have your activities selected? What would you do in Sitka? Sometimes, it's a tough decision. Sitka is a great port, but equally so are the rest in my opinion. What ever choice you make, you are going to "miss" something. ;)

Maybe to direct you further, determine your activities, if you haven't already.