Woo -hoo ! We're going to Bermuda !

Ascott318

for 2015, on Sunday to Tuesday the Norwegian dawn is docked and sometimes the explorer of the seas. Then on Wednesday to Friday, there is the Norwegian breakaway and celebrity summit

The only possible day to dock is on Saturdays.

I was wondering when they'd dock. I just checked the Bermuda webcam and those ships are still there.

I was wondering when they'd dock. I just checked the Bermuda webcam and those ships are still there.

According to the schedule, the Summit sails at 4:30, and the Breakaway sails at 5. Should be a choppy ride home. Or not.

I would love to hear from anyone that has been on a 4 day cruise. I hope you live cruise to the cuise port. I love to cruise but if I had to fly in or travel very far it would have to be on a seven day or longer. By the time you start having fun it is time to get off the trip.
We live about 2 hours north of NYC so we've done 7 of the 4 or 5-day Canada cruises. I'm with you, though - if we have to fly, it's going to be a longer cruise. Even with driving to the port, I find the 4-day cruises to be too short. The two 4-day Canada cruises we did were both Labor Day weekend cruises, so they only required 2 days of vacation time. Both cruises were impacted by weather - in 2006 we sailed back from Halifax into the remnants of Tropical Storm Eduardo and in 2010 we had the Hurricane Earl cruise. We can't book that cruise any more, since DH teaches at a college and they're back in session before Labor Day.

Canada is a great trip but I can do that by land. Have already done the cruise twice. Would have no complaint about Bermuda. A beautiful port and the beaches can't be beat. Always had shorts and a bathing suit on my Canadian cruises so no problem with clothes. Wish carnival could vary between Canada and Bermuda. That's a B2B I wouldn't miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad we didn't book this cruise, because we eyed it for a while. We honestly love cruising to Canada and we pack much differently for it than we would the Caribbean or Bermuda (it was sleeting last year on our way to Halifax).

I wish they'd put the 5 day Canadian cruises back into the summer schedule instead of doing them after school in back in session--it's what we used to do the week after school let out in June.

For August 2015 there's one 5-day out of NY to Canada. Been eyeing it trying to decide if we would enjoy a Canadian cruise over a tropical destination cruise.

Hope everyone on the Splendor enjoys Bermuda. Been there once on a land vacation. So...pretty! What a nice consolation!!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

For August 2015 there's one 5-day out of NY to Canada. Been eyeing it trying to decide if we would enjoy a Canadian cruise over a tropical destination cruise.

Hope everyone on the Splendor enjoys Bermuda. Been there once on a land vacation. So...pretty! What a nice consolation!!

We work for the public school system here and we [the staff] go back the third week in August, so this cruise is the kid's first week of school back. We contractually can't take days off during the first or last week of school and the four day is not enough. We've just come to terms with the fact that our affordable Canadian cruises and b2bs are a thing of the past unless we switch lines and pay much more.

I can't wait to hear about the trip to Bermuda, I imagine for some it might be a positive change. I imagine the shore excursion desk will be busy.

We work for the public school system here and we [the staff] go back the third week in August, so this cruise is the kid's first week of school back. We contractually can't take days off during the first or last week of school and the four day is not enough. We've just come to terms with the fact that our affordable Canadian cruises and b2bs are a thing of the past unless we switch lines and pay much more.

I can't wait to hear about the trip to Bermuda, I imagine for some it might be a positive change. I imagine the shore excursion desk will be busy.

I see. Yeah I understand. My sister is a teacher and she would be cutting it close if we booked that cruise next year. We're in NJ so we go back a bit later than you guys.

Exactly why I said they can schedule some 4 day sailings. For Example

Thursday Depart NYC

Friday Sea Day

Saturday Bermuda 8-4

Sunday Sea day.

This itinerary could replace a few of the 4 day Canada Sailings. Additionally this would make a great B2B when coupled with an 8 night Carribean cruise pre or post Bermuda.

I think Bermuda requires that the cruise ships stay 3 nights, under normal circumstances. I know this was the case a few years ago - don't know if anything has changed. I personally would love to see more cruises that spent just one day there, and visited other ports.

I think Bermuda requires that the cruise ships stay 3 nights, under normal circumstances. I know this was the case a few years ago - don't know if anything has changed. I personally would love to see more cruises that spent just one day there, and visited other ports.

Not true. The Explorer of the seas only stays one night in Bermuda. NCL and Celebrity stay 2. Its been that way for several years.The only ship that will be staying 3 nights will be HAL Veendam in 2015. Where she will actually bearth in Hamilton.

They must be getting excited. The web cam has the ship in view. It should dock soon.

Not true. The Explorer of the seas only stays one night in Bermuda. NCL and Celebrity stay 2. Its been that way for several years.The only ship that will be staying 3 nights will be HAL Veendam in 2015. Where she will actually bearth in Hamilton.

I'm a bit confused. The Explorer is there at Kings Wharf, and the Splendor is there at Heritage wharf. And PTZtvist both as departing today. Wonder if the Explorer is on a 9 day with a one day stop in Berm.

image.jpg.7003902d5c960116b7d65944c960b469.jpg

I'm a bit confused. The Explorer is there at Kings Wharf, and the Splendor is there at Heritage wharf. And PTZtvist both as departing today. Wonder if the Explorer is on a 9 day with a one day stop in Berm.

Explorer does alternating 5 and 9 night cruises. Right now it is doing a 9 night cruise which spends Sunday in Bermuda. It gets back on Friday then will spend Monday and Tuesday in Bermuda next week. It alternates in Bermuda with Grandeur which will get to Bermuda at 2 eastern tomorrow. Grandeur does alternating 7 night Bermuda and 7 night Bahama's itineraries. When in Bermuda it is there from 3 Sunday to 6 pm Tuesday. The two Norwegian and celebrity schedules are consistent from week to week.

Explorer does alternating 5 and 9 night cruises. Right now it is doing a 9 night cruise which spends Sunday in Bermuda. It gets back on Friday then will spend Monday and Tuesday in Bermuda next week. It alternates in Bermuda with Grandeur which will get to Bermuda at 2 eastern tomorrow. Grandeur does alternating 7 night Bermuda and 7 night Bahama's itineraries. When in Bermuda it is there from 3 Sunday to 6 pm Tuesday. The two Norwegian and celebrity schedules are consistent from week to week.

Thanks but then why is it there today?

The Explorer of the Seas is on it's 9 Day cruise, and is supposed to be there today, not Sunday.

Cruise Schedule: New York City, New York (03 Jul d1600); Kings Wharf, Bermuda (05 Jul 0800-1600); Philipsburg, St. Maarten (07 Jul 1300-2000); San Juan, Puerto Rico (08 Jul 0700-1400); Labadee, Haiti (09 Jul 0900-1600); New York City, New York (12 Jul a0800)

Edited by Jamman54

The Explorer of the Seas is on it's 9 Day cruise, and is supposed to be there today, not Sunday.

Cruise Schedule: New York City, New York (03 Jul d1600); Kings Wharf, Bermuda (05 Jul 0800-1600); Philipsburg, St. Maarten (07 Jul 1300-2000); San Juan, Puerto Rico (08 Jul 0700-1400); Labadee, Haiti (09 Jul 0900-1600); New York City, New York (12 Jul a0800)

Grazie! Going to Bermuda on a Sunday made no sense. It's closed on Sunday.

I appreciate the correction. I normally sail Grandeur which does arrive on Sunday. Explorers dates are Saturday or Monday/Tuesday.

Grazie! Going to Bermuda on a Sunday made no sense. It's closed on Sunday.

Not a lot of stores in Hamilton or St George are open (and the ferry to St. George does not run) but the buses still run and you can get to the beaches and the stores/restaurants in dockyard are open and so is the maritime museum in dockyard.