Chef's table

Crusing Cheryl

Do you have to wait to book it while on board?

Yes, you have to book on board because you have to find out if

they are offering it first and they don't always know beforehand.

• 1 month later...

On Solstice last year it was presented to us by the sommelier in Cellermasters. It was in the $250 price range, was a set menu that seemed to sample concepts from Murano and Tuscan Grill, and did include wines. I'm hoping it is on offer on my upcoming Century cruise.

I've also been reading about The Progressive Dinner. Basically about the same $$$ amount as everyone is saying however you do each course in a different specialty restaurant. Is this something totally different or is this The Chef's Table on Celebrity? :confused:

• 4 months later...

Coming late to this but for those searching Chef's Table, here's my opinion.

As sort of a foodie and whiner, I can say the CTs we've been at have been very nice and enjoyable. No food item have I seen at another specialty restaurant. Table service was excellent. Ship's officer (s) have always been present. Flowing wine all night including after dinner drinks. Cookbook is a stellar 6.5 lb publication. I think priced around $100. We're on Reflection in January and hope they do it again.

Happy New Year fellow cruisers.

I have been to one Chefs table , it was on the Millennium and was held in the galley. The menu on it and all others I've seen are items from the Murano menu, ( US United States etc ).

They don't have the capability to create new dishes for the Chefs table,.

That's why I haven't repeated the experience

We did the Chefs Table on the Millie (11-23-14 sailing). It was $279 per couple, including wine and the cookbook souvenir. It really wasn't that special. The menu wasn't very impressive. You're much better off going to Murano, Olympic etc and having a nice dinner with the regular menu and splurge on a nice bottle of wine if you'd like.

We ran into the two other couples who joined us at the Chefs table and both couples agreed that it was not worthwhile.

Thanks for the advice everyone...I'll check out menu before going. However, we're not likely to pass up the occasion. Last time we had a vintage Montrachet AND a Far Niente. Cant remember the reds but those two alone would be worth the price of admission, especially when no holding back on pours.

Now truly, I'm not defending any position but I wonder if Reflection and/or Silhouette are kicking it up a notch over the other ships?? I like Murano and Olympia and Normandy, but at $45 pp now, I'm thinking that indeed, the chef's table is a bargain.

On Reflection Jan 31 and will report back.

Cheers all...

There have been reports of a progressive dinner on Reflection, that moves for each course from Restaurant to Restaurant.

The price was once $99 per person, but in 2012 was $149 per person, and is now $279 per couple (or was on Millennium in November).

We've done a Chef's table on nearly every cruise we've done, I think 5 in total and can say, that even if you don't think a menu item is from another restaurant in the fleet, it still may be, or adapted from one, or from an old menu item that is no longer being made, but adapted. We had GREAT table side cioppino at the Chef's table on Millennium, it was the highlight of the meal for us, and from the menu in Tuscan grill, even though there is no Tuscan grill on Millennium. The ONLY Chef's Table with unique items was one we did on deck 12, on the aft of Constellation while we were in port in Marmaris. It was prepared on a charcoal grill, on deck with the executive chef there the entire time. He bought items like Sardines in port. On Millennium, the chef didn't even show to say hello. We've found the occasionally, at best include a unique restaurant. The HR Director was the officer who attended. The level of wines was not Far Niente (I do love that Chardonnay but OK and poured liberally.

We still do them, but select carefully and go with proper expectations.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

I have been to one Chefs table , it was on the Millennium and was held in the galley. The menu on it and all others I've seen are items from the Murano menu, ( US United States etc ).

They don't have the capability to create new dishes for the Chefs table,.

That's why I haven't repeated the experience

This was exactly our experience on the Summit Feb two years ago. Very underwhelming. Definitely all items were no more than variations on menu items. Now Azamara's chef table...truly fabulous.