med cruise next June on Equinox

Viktoria

Starting in Barcelona and cruising down to some of the Greek Isles. On of the stops is Ephesus where we are hoping to visit Mary's house. One of the excursions is Biblical Ephesus and the other is Best of Ephesus. The latter is 6 hours and the other is 8 and includes a Catholic Mass. We are not too interested in the Mass but want to be sure to visit the house of Mary. Anyone been on either excursion? Comments please. How hot will it be in mid June?

We were there in Ephesus on June 19 and it was about 90 degrees in the sunshine. We enjoyed the visit but be prepared to sweat! I can't comment on the ship excursions as one of our lovely fellow passengers organized a private excursion through Hello Ephesus which we very much enjoyed at a much better price. Have a great cruise!

We just came back from the Silhouette June 10th cruise, which included Ephesus as one of our ports of call. I organized a tour with Ephesus Deluxe which included the House of Mary amongst other sites. It was a great tour, 7 hours long and included a delicious Turkish lunch. You will love the cruise and the ports. It was very hot the day we went, especially through the ruins of Ephesus but we were also glad it didn't rain. Our guide was very conscientious about finding shade, however scarce, and I can't compliment her knowledge and good communication skills enough. We had a smaller group than many of the cruise ship tours and only paid $50US pp...don't think you can beat that for what we covered!

Cathy

We were early June. We went with Ephesus shuttle. It was 1 of our favorite days. We saw where Paul preached to the Ephesians, house of Mary and our favorite- the tomb of St. John. Herbs and purple flowers grew wild in the walls, cats lounged around and huge storks flew overhead. They had nests at the tops of the columns around his grave. It was so peaceful. Ephesus shuttle was a great company and p u r guide Melissa was great.

Karen

I've just returned from the June 2nd Med cruise on Reflection. We did a private tour in Ephesus and went to the Virgin Mary house. We waited in line about 1/2 an hour; walking through took about 4 minutes. Was it good?.....was it worth it? I'll leave that up to you.

Ephesus was pretty cool to see. Be sure and pay extra to see the Terrace houses.

It was hot and crowded on our tour. Some tourists had a hard time with the rough terrain and heat. Drink lots of water and wear a good sun hat.