Bahamas or Caribbean??

ccleveland

I'm wanting to do the carnival victory that goes to Jamaica and grand cayman

Or

The freedom that does a 7 day Caribbean

Or

Fascination that does the Bahamas.

I'm curious to which one I should pick. I'm looking for a cruise that's worth the money, has good entertainment and shows, and the itinerary to be more than just a beach and little shops.

I'm wanting to make this trip the begs ever for my wife for our 1 year.

I'm wanting to do the carnival victory that goes to Jamaica and grand cayman

Or

The freedom that does a 7 day Caribbean

Or

Fascination that does the Bahamas.

I'm curious to which one I should pick. I'm looking for a cruise that's worth the money, has good entertainment and shows, and the itinerary to be more than just a beach and little shops.

I'm wanting to make this trip the begs ever for my wife for our 1 year.

Personally I would choose the Freedom or the Victory if my budget could support it because we've been to the Bahamas so many times. What you decide to do in port is what makes the difference between "beach and little shops" and best trip ever and most ports have many options available for things to do.

The Bahamas are dumpy, and the Fascination is one of the oldest, smallest ships in the fleet, so I wouldn't do that one.

Out of the options given, I'd pick the Freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fellow Georgian-why not look for a cruise out of New Orleans?

I hope I dont sound like a snob, but the beaches that you go to anywhere in the Bahamas or Caribbean will be better than any beach in the United States. Peried, the water is clear, clean and you can see your toes. But, if you are looking for more than a beach, I really enjoyed cruising from NOLA-I loved the city of New Orleans (I make the best tourist) I enjoyed the 7 hours cruising down the Mississippi (though not a Mark Twain experience) -We were on the Elation, because I wanted to see Mayan ruins, and only a few ships go into Progresso (which is where you can get tours to Chichen Itza and Uxmal) which are not your typical beach and little shops. The Elation is an older ship, doesn't have the more modern bars and burger venues, but I dont cruise for them, I cruise for the destination.

If you are into history-Mayan or Mexican, choose a Western Caribbean cruise, if you are into beaches, then Eastern or the Bahamas. If you are into snorkeling, Western Caribbean, most definetly not the Bahamas.

I would suggest that you google Carnival Excursions, put in the ports that are offered, and then check out what interests you, that way you will see what meets your criteria. I cruise on the Fascination a lot, because of the beaches, Half Moon Cay and Little Stirrup Cay both offer a full day on the beach where I don't have to spend a dime just to be in the most wonderful places all day long. But I know that I want to get back to Mexico or Belize to do more exploration of the ancient Mayan buildings. Whatever you choose, it will be a new experience, and create many a great memory.:) Cruise happy.

You can't go wrong with either of the 3 cruises. We have been on both the Fascination and Freedom, and liked them both very much. Being from Georgia, Jacksonville is a lot closer and MUCH easier to get around. Our last cruise in March, was out of Miami and the road construction had us all mess up. Almost impossible to avoid toll roads going to and in Miami. Pre-cruise hotels and parking tend to be more expensive. You can drive to Jax the day of the cruise, if you like. But, if you want to see South Beach and Coconut Grove as well explore the wonderful diversity of Miami, then Jax can't compete.

We are going on the Fascination Dec 1st, it hits Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay. A nice touch is that Daughtry will do a concert onboard in Nassau. If you have never been to Nassua, it is a really neat place to see. Here are a few links you might find helpful.

My Roll Call Webpage for Dec 1, 14 on the Carnival Fascination

FASCINATION PICTURE REVIEW, extended family, handicap, HALF MOON & ATLANTIS waterpark - not my review and I don't think she is finished, but an excellent review so far.

Have fun, John

The Bahamas are dumpy, and the Fascination is one of the oldest, smallest ships in the fleet, so I wouldn't do that one.

Out of the options given, I'd pick the Freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same here.

Been on all three and would definitely choose the Freedom. We liked it best out of the three and that was even before upgrades. Plus, I'd rather do a 7 day than a shorter one if the budget allows.

I agree with marshawk's post above.

Nassau and Freeport are not what you imagine when you hear Bahamas.

I am sure there are lovely wonderful places in the Bahamas, but not where the boat docks.

So, ccleveland, this nice old lady will be happy to answer any questions that you have, if I know, and I know that many others will too.

We want you and your bride to have a wonderful cruise.:)

Ok, so i definitely have decided on going to the caribbean and here is what me and my wife talked about for our 1 year. Please look at the places where its going and let me know overall which one is best so i can book it tomorrow and why you think its best. Im so sorry for sounding weird but i only been on one cruise and i don't want to make a mistake as We can't afford to make a mistake. lol :)

Carnival breeze 6 day for $1121 in interior

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Day 1 Miami, FL 4:00 PM

Day 2 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 3 Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 4 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 5 Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 6 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 7 Miami, FL 8:00 AM

Or.....

7 day on glory for $1157 and here is the Itnerary

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Day 2 Half Moon Cay, the Bahamas 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 3 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM 3:30 PM

Day 6 Grand Turk 11:00 AM 5:30 PM

Day 7 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 8 Miami, FL 8:00 AM

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. You will not make a mistake on either one of these. As many cruisers have said, you're going to go with a positive attitude, ready to have a good time and that's what you are going to have.

I think the second itinerary on the Glory is pretty exciting. Half Moon Cay is a private island, for many cruisers their favorite Caribbean stop. Old San Juan is like a little piece of historical Europe right in our backyard. Plus it's one more day for only about $30 more than the 7-day trip. Just my take on it - Good luck, you are going to have a wonderful trip.

thank you for your input! I was thinking for the money heck lets do a 7 day cruise, but the 6 day is on the breeze which is one of the biggest ships they have so that would be fun to walk around. I guess it also depends on how much my wife can take off from work.

bwaz - Have you been to any of the places that the breeze is going on that i listed?

Anyone else have any opinions on the 2 cruises i mentioned?

You make a good point about the Breeze being a new big beautidul ship loaded with fun new extras.

I've been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Do you and your wife like water sports? That is what my DH and i do so that is what i can tell you about. In Cozumel we went snorkeling,and then we relaxed at a nice beach hotel - my DH had a tall cool one in the beachside bar while i parasailed. Loved it. In Grand Cayman we went to Sting Ray City - it is so fun. You sail out to the sting rays hangout. You're in shallow water and beautiful gentle stingrays glide by. You can pet and feed them and have your photo taken. We got there by taking a boat through the beautiful canals that lead from the pier to the ocean - it is a beautiful island.

These are all popular common cruise ships stops and many people on these boards can give you good tips.

Awesome! thank you so much for the info. The breeze does seem amazing according to your tube and other pics on this forum site.

Last year we did the 7 day western cruise and went to cozmel and did the dolphin adventure. I believe that was the place we did the dolphin thing at. My wife wants to do one of the excursions where you swim and pet huge sea turtles. Is there one that you can do at ay of the places the breeze is going to- grand cayman, cozmel, or jamaica??

Oh and i sure hope whatever ship i chose that they have the ice cream you can get at any time. i LOOOVEDDD that!:D

Carnival breeze 6 day for $1121 in interior

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Day 2 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 3 Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 4 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 5 Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 6 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 7 Miami, FL 8:00 AM

Or.....

7 day on glory for $1157 and here is the Itnerary

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Day 2 Half Moon Cay, the Bahamas 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 3 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM 3:30 PM

Day 6 Grand Turk 11:00 AM 5:30 PM

Day 7 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 8 Miami, FL 8:00 AM

I would do the Glory. For $36 more, you get an extra day. We tried the Dream and she was too crowded to suit us. For that reason, we wouldn't suggest the Breeze as she is the same size. Having been to all of those ports, the Glory offers the better ones as far as we're concerned.

Did you decide against the Freedom. I noticed that she wasn't listed in your choices.

Edited by RWolver672

I would definitely lean towards the Glory out of those two options. An extra 50 bucks or so and you get a 4th destination and an extra day in total? Totally worth it. Haven't been to any of the stops on that itinerary, so that may be a bit of bias coming from me as I'd love to see those places one day.

I would do the Glory. For $36 more, you get an extra day. We tried the Dream and she was too crowded to suit us. For that reason, we wouldn't suggest the Breeze as she is the same size. Having been to all of those ports, the Glory offers the better ones as far as we're concerned.

Did you decide against the Freedom. I noticed that she wasn't listed in your choices.

No Freedom? All Carnival ships offer 24 hr ice cream on Lido.