Port Open on X-MAS day?????

ggg196078

It will be on a substantially reduced basis.

Many shops will likely remain closed. Some independent tour operators may not offer tours. Taxis may be scarce. Possibly few tour buses at the port. Expect a very much a hit-or-miss situation. You may want to rely on excursion booked through the ship for this one day.

Christmas Day cruise ship arrivals is something of a new thing in Cayman, with just the one ship arrival on Christmas Day 2012. There was one scheduled for 2013 but it got cancelled due to weather, IIRC. No other cruise ships have made a Christmas Day port of call in Cayman in at least the last ten years.

However three ships are scheduled for Christmas Day 2014. That may provide enough guests to incentivize more businesses to open.

I would not want to have a port stop on Christmas Day....we have stopped in places on Easter....nothing is open....kind of a waste of day.

If you could find a cruise with Christmas as a sea day, it may be a better deal.

Me and my wife have stayed on the island for two weeks over xmas. The whole place shuts down they celebrate xmas big time they also take boxing day off. Which i never heard of but they do have fun we went to peoples house we never met and walked through there yards a night I thought people in the us put up lights these people went crazy. We still had a great time but every thing shut down they had a tractor trailer truck ride through town with a band on it and every one just jumped on and did xmas carols. I remember we bought groceries to cook just so we could eat and we didnt want to cook on vacation.