Behind the Scenes Tour

Katgoesonholiday

Hi Kat looks interesting - i figure you are on board now and giving us these informations with the help of the wifi pavkage so it seems it works fine ...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Forums

Hi Kat looks interesting - i figure you are on board now and giving us these informations with the help of the wifi pavkage so it seems it works fine ...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Forums

I haven't bought the wifi package. I have a very generous roaming package from home that I'm paying NZ$5 a day for and am struggling to use all the data! The only drawback is that it doesn't include Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be sure to wear REALLY comfortable shoes as it entails a lot of standing around. I did this tour in May - there's also a lot of stair-climbing involved!

We've only used the lift twice so far and we've been all over the ship. It gives you an appreciate for how vast the public area are!

We've only used the lift twice so far and we've been all over the ship. It gives you an appreciate for how vast the public area are!

Well done - delighted to hear you're enjoying it.

I'm hoping you'll write a review on your return. I'm keen to hear all about YC. I haven't experienced it on Preziosa (excepting an invite to one of the suites for pre-dinner drinks & canapés with Lynn and her family on our roll call and the Behind The Scenes tour).

I'd be especially interested in lunchtime offers at the Pool Bar if you have lunch there during your trip- I was in YC on Splendida but it was in February so we never got to use the pool area. This is one area I plan to spend a lot of time in!

In the meantime - keep the posts coming. I'm enjoying reading them!:):)

I haven't bought the wifi package. I have a very generous roaming package from home that I'm paying NZ$5 a day for and am struggling to use all the data! The only drawback is that it doesn't include Turkey.

Be really careful.

These roaming packages from home do not usually cover cruise ships. Unless of course you are only using it in ports.

Be really careful.

These roaming packages from home do not usually cover cruise ships. Unless of course you are only using it in ports.

We are sailing close enough to the coast that I am picking up a territorial signal a good portion of the time.

Beamafar, I'll try check out the lunch offerings on our next sea day. Today and tomorrow we'll be off the ship for lunch.

And to be honest, we are loving the YC restaurant so much that we have eaten every meal there but one. Yesterday we just grabbed breakfast at theTop Sail Lounge as we wanted to be off the ship early.

Beamafar, I'll try check out the lunch offerings on our next sea day. Today and tomorrow we'll be off the ship for lunch.

And to be honest, we are loving the YC restaurant so much that we have eaten every meal there but one. Yesterday we just grabbed breakfast at theTop Sail Lounge as we wanted to be off the ship early.

Thanks K.

We enjoyed the YC restaurant onboard Splendida and had our 3 meals a day there every day, too (except for 1 night when the sea was so rough we were too ill to eat - it was like a ghost ship that night. Even the crew were ill :rolleyes:)

Any of the waiters particularly stand out? We had the most wonderful waiter named GianMarco who made a huge impact on our overall enjoyment on that trip.

Beamafar, we didn't eat lunch at the One Pool buffet but I did check it out towards the end of the lunch service on the final full day of the cruise - about 8-10 different salad items (eg tomato, capsicum etc), a green salad (with smoked salmon), some samosas, pasta or rice salad, cold meats, and two meat dishes (one fish and one chicken) plus breads and fruits. It seemed perfectly adequate and they seemed to be replenishing it frequently.

The Behind the Scenes tour was absolutely fascinating. I'm really glad we did it.

We only got off the ship today and we still have a full week of traveling left. I will be posting a full photo review - concentrating more on my impressions rather than technical aspects such as what kind of plug sockets are on the back of the TV. :p However I won't be doing that till I get home. :D

Beamafar, we didn't eat lunch at the One Pool buffet but I did check it out towards the end of the lunch service on the final full day of the cruise - about 8-10 different salad items (eg tomato, capsicum etc), a green salad (with smoked salmon), some samosas, pasta or rice salad, cold meats, and two meat dishes (one fish and one chicken) plus breads and fruits. It seemed perfectly adequate and they seemed to be replenishing it frequently.

That was extremely good of you, K. Thank you so much. I was curious as there's very little mention anywhere of what's on offer and I'm planning on hanging out on the sun deck as much as possible - it'll be my first Summertime in YC so intend to make the most of it!

Having said that, though, I LOVED L'Olivio restaurant on Splendida.

Bytheway, did you use the laundry service and, if so, did the items come back ironed?

Make sure you bring flipflops/jandals because the deck is flipping HOT!!!! I ended wearing the slippers of shame (the complimentary YC white toweling slippers) because I hadn't bought anything to slip on and slip off when walking around on deck. But it was too hot to be barefoot.