Premium tea with the coffee card-a change?

FritzG

A thread from the current Emerald sailing seems to be saying that with the coffee card you get unlimited Twining tea. As of March when we sailed last the premium tea was Mighty Leaf, and it was unlimited. Now it sounds like there is a punch on the card for the premium tea. Is that the case? Is it just on the Emerald?

A thread from the current Emerald sailing seems to be saying that with the coffee card you get unlimited Twining tea. As of March when we sailed last the premium tea was Mighty Leaf, and it was unlimited. Now it sounds like there is a punch on the card for the premium tea. Is that the case? Is it just on the Emerald?

We have never been charged a punch for premium tea... I hope that is just an informational hiccup.

• 2 weeks later...

Related question from first time cruiser....

Neither my wife or I drink coffee, but she loves Chai tea lattes (sorry if mis-spelled). Does anyone know if these are available onboard with the coffee card?

thanks

Don

As of April there were no chai lattes available. Person on the Emerald said they do not have the ingredients but get a lot of requests for it. And yes they could make them with the right material. Write in campaign time maybe???

From the Princess website: Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

I've not seen them, but I also really like them. I brought my own pouches once.

I bring my own tea. Very easy to pack and weightless if you're flying. You can get hot water in the IC or Horizon. I enjoy a cup or two of Sleepytime Wellness tea each evening before bed and I've found it much easier to bring my own, whether I'm away for a weekend, visiting family or friends, or on a vacation/cruise. This way I'm sure it's the kind I like.

Maureen

I bring my own tea. Very easy to pack and weightless if you're flying. You can get hot water in the IC or Horizon. I enjoy a cup or two of Sleepytime Wellness tea each evening before bed and I've found it much easier to bring my own, whether I'm away for a weekend, visiting family or friends, or on a vacation/cruise. This way I'm sure it's the kind I like.

Maureen

I bring my own tea, too, but I love the Mighty Leaf White Orchard. It has always been available without a punch on the coffee card, but the Emerald postings seemed to indicate that this had changed.