What keeps you coming back to Oceania?

chrismch

What makes you come back?

Ditto to included airfare, nonalcoholic drinks, ship size, STAFF, etc. Did anyone mention the string quartet? They make our experience so much more civilized. PLEASE, do not cut this amenity. Even though subtle at times, they elevate the environment.

-Katie

Very hard to answer this question without putting the great food at the top of the list. But, since I can't, I'll go from there. The most comfortable bedding of any cruise ship we've been on. No formal nights. No extra charge restaurants. Pleasant and well mannered passengers. Dedicated butlers. Spacious suites. Terry cloth covered lounge chairs. Nice table settings and excellent service at the tables in the buffet area with a very friendly staff.

Aside from all of the above, it's the O ships: We love the Penthouse suites, large and well-appointed demonstration kitchens for classes and excellent chefs as teachers, massive and gorgeous spa with large sauna, cave-like showers, thassalotherapy, and heated tile chaises (a pre-dinner ritual; who needs a martini?), artist loft (my wife paints), fun 18-hole putting course, and beautiful espresso bar.

We started on and still cruise with Regent (we prefer their basic suites to Oceania's and as Gold members we receive all sorts of perks), so we're unlikely to cruise on Oceania's R ships unless the itinerary and timing beckon. Suites just don't measure up. Just like our view of Silversea, which we used twice and was pleasant enough but not in the same league...

We love love love Regent but are going to try Oceania for our winter cruise. We got an Owners Suite, so we won't be able to complain about size. Price was less and after 15 years of cruising in the Caribbean (and loving every one) we just generally get off, look around and then enjoy the solitude on the ship.

I am loving ALL the positive comments--so different from Regent.

Debi