Anytime dining restaurants/Star

nedward

Hi:

We are sailing the Star soon, and wondered about the Portofino and Capri dining rooms for Anytime Dining.

Are you assigned one or the other room, or is it your choice every time? And do you have a preference or downside?

Thanks for your help, Ned

Just off the Star last month and we had anytime dining. It's your choice which dining room you would like to eat in. Capri opens around 5:00 pm, and Portofino around 7:45 pm.

On our cruise, Portofino was used for early traditional dining, which why they didn't open until 7:45 pm. Our group of eight, ate in Portofino. We got in line around 7:30 pm and never waited for a table.

I would highly recommend table 182, Milos and Maria. Hopefully they will still be on the ship then. Angelo is the Asst. Maitre'D and was very helpful with our dining arrangements. If Milos isn't available, his cousin Dragon is also a waiter in the same dining room.

Just be sure and check the Princess Patters for hours. On most Princess sailings one of the Anytime Dining rooms will not open for Anytime diners until around 7:30PM. The other one will be open at 5:30PM, although in my experience it's usually open by 5:15PM.

I too am just off the Star mid June. Both Capri and Portofino are used. As said before Capri opens at 5:00 while on our cruise Portofino opened at 7:30. One is on deck 5 the other deck 6. You can call the dine line each day and make a reservation time for either MDR. We did a 7:30 time in Portofino on formal night and were able to get right in.

Either way enjoy your cruise!

I too am just off the Star mid June. Both Capri and Portofino are used. As said before Capri opens at 5:00 while on our cruise Portofino opened at 7:30. One is on deck 5 the other deck 6. You can call the dine line each day and make a reservation time for either MDR. We did a 7:30 time in Portofino on formal night and were able to get right in.

Either way enjoy your cruise!

Great info -- thanks everybody!

Regards, Ned