Azamara Free Shuttle

AlwaysReadyToSail

I have seen where they advertise free shuttles where available.

Does anyone have experience on how these work? Are they to the port gates/enterance? City center of City visiting? City center of nearest port? etc...

We are looking at the Nov 6 Journey that stops in:

Rome

Florence/Livorno

Monte Carlo

Province/Marseilles

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Valencia

Gibralter

Malaga.

Also does anyone know if any of these ports are generally tender ports for azamara vs docking?

Thanks!

Does anyone have experience on how these work? Are they to the port gates/enterance? City center of City visiting? City center of nearest port? etc...

Rome

Florence/Livorno

Monte Carlo

Province/Marseilles

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Valencia

Gibralter

Malaga.

Also does anyone know if any of these ports are generally tender ports for azamara vs docking?

Thanks!

From past experience you will probably dock in all of the ports you mentioned apart from Monte Carlo where we have docked and tendered. From memory we docked there when is was an embarkation and disembarkation situation and tendered when it was not.

The only one of the ports you mention we have done with Azamara is Palma de Mallorca. The port is quite large. We were berthed at one of the closer in options, but there was still a free shuttle, which took you from alongside the ship, to a bus stop not far from the cathedral. It ran every half hour, and took probably about 15 minutes. We do a lot of walking and the distance was probably walkable for us, but it was extremely hot, so we were thankful for the transport. We still did a great deal of walking around the cathedral area and through the old town!

Rome

Florence/Livorno

Monte Carlo

Province/Marseilles

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Valencia

Gibralter

Malaga.

Thanks!

We have booked this cruise.

I believe the Livorno shuttle is run by the city and last time I used it cost €5 to the centre of town.

There is no shuttle in Monte Carlo. The free shuttle in Marseilles runs to the town centre.

Azamara usually berths at the World Trade Centre in Barcelona and you can either walk into the centre of town or take a taxi from the rank.

As previously stated the free shuttle takes you to the cathedral area in Palma.

I have not cruised to Valencia or Malaga with Azamara. On a Celebrity cruise when docking in Malaga the shuttle took you to the port gates.

Hope this helps

Rome

Florence/Livorno

Monte Carlo-taxi to the beaxch. .but walked up hll and down for Castle nd church etc. walked thru lovely gardens too.

Province/Marseilles

Barcelona-I was able to walk everywhere i needed to be..

Palma De Mallorca

Valencia

Gibralter-too ka tour and was dropped off by the town- long street wit shops and food.. Walked back from there easily.

Malaga.

Thanks!

The 3 ports i mention i was docked. But Monte Carlo can be tenderd too.

Gibralter had no free shuttle. We were told there was a strong taxi union that controlled the port exit. We chose to walk, allowing us to enjoy another chocolate dessert at dinner.:)