Princess Transfer - Airport to hotel on non-embarkation day

CruisnLolo

HELP! My parents have paid for the Princess transfer service, but they arrive Wednesday (the 9th) and we don't embark until the 12th. Princess is stating they only servie airport-to-pier and won't drop off at Pan Pacific Hotel. Is this correct? the rep wasn't very helpful.

Second, the Pan Pacific is part of Canada Place, so could they simply walk from the drop point at Canada Place to the hotel entrance. From the map of Canada place, it looks like it should be easily done.

Thanks!

Probably best to call Princess as most of the time they make the passengers go back to the airport the next day and catch the shuttle from there.

I know does not make a lot of sense since they are already at the pier and just take an elevator down to the ship. :eek:

Could take a taxi for about $40 to get to the Pan Pacific from the airport.

The Sky Train also ends near the port.

Look on the West Coast Departure board for more info.

As stated above it's an easy walk to the port from the hotel. I've even read of bellmen taking luggage to the porters for cruise pax.

Edited by SadieN

Have you contacted the hotel to see if they provide transport from airport? When I have booked a hotel (thru princess) they have provided transport, but it was only one day before cruise not three. Calling the hotel would be your best bet I would think.

Cancel the Princess Transfers. They actually may not be running on the day your parents need to go from the airport to the hotel if no cruises are starting. A cab is easy and fairly quick Remember to have them change some money in Canadian to pay with or check on the Vancouver board to see if the cabs there take credit cards.

Have you contacted the hotel to see if they provide transport from airport? When I have booked a hotel (thru princess) they have provided transport, but it was only one day before cruise not three. Calling the hotel would be your best bet I would think.

The Pan Pacific does not provide shuttle service.

Thanks, everyone! The confusion was about the airport/hotel transfer which Princess ONLY provides (regardless of arrival/embarkation date) if you book the hotel through Princess - we did not. They don't provide an airport/terminal shuttle on non-embarkation days, for obvious reasons, but the Rep did say they could take a taxi back to YVR from Pan Pacific and then take the Princess shuttle to the terminal on the day of embarkation. I laughed and said thanks for the idea, but they will already be at the terminal since they are at Pan Pacific. ;)

Anyway, my parents will either take a taxi or a sedan (through Areoservice).

lessoned learned! (I'm taking the train!)

Thanks, everyone! The confusion was about the airport/hotel transfer which Princess ONLY provides (regardless of arrival/embarkation date) if you book the hotel through Princess - we did not. They don't provide an airport/terminal shuttle on non-embarkation days, for obvious reasons, but the Rep did say they could take a taxi back to YVR from Pan Pacific and then take the Princess shuttle to the terminal on the day of embarkation. I laughed and said thanks for the idea, but they will already be at the terminal since they are at Pan Pacific. ;)

lessoned learned! (I'm taking the train!)

Make sure they call right away to have the transfers removed!

Once onboard its like pulling teeth. :eek:

We booked our hotel with Princess for the day before embarkation and the transfer was provided by Princess for the day we arrived and the day we embarked. I think you have to book the hotel thru princess as well.

lesson learned! (I'm taking the train!)

I really laughed out loud at this one. Glad no one heard me, they'd think I was nuts.

We booked our hotel with Princess for the day before embarkation and the transfer was provided by Princess for the day we arrived and the day we embarked. I think you have to book the hotel thru princess as well.

Yes, if you book your hotel with Princess, they take care of all transfers (airport to hotel, hotel to pier or vice versa if a post-cruise stay). Very convenient.

Take the Canada Line (light rail) from the airport and back again to YVR. It is well posted and a quick walk from the Pan Pacific (or the ship), even pulling luggage. On weekends it is $1.75 concession fare, quite the bargain.