What to do with car?

LillianHaskel

Cambria Suites in Dania Beach has a stay and cruise package. No free breakfast. It is nice and safe. Nearby, Springhill Suites in Dania Beach allows you to leave your car for $5 per day. It is older and has had break-ins to cars in the past, but they claim they have had none recently. And it serves breakfast and is nice enough. We've stayed at both and would stay again. Both have shuttle service and you have to check whether it is free or not. We are staying at Cambria Suites in Oct and leaving our car. Stayed at Springhill Suites in Feb, but decided not to leave our car.

Edited by Honeybearhollow

• 2 weeks later...
The Fairfield inn on Griffin Road in Dania Beach. It is near the airport. It has a free shuttle from the airport but you have to pay to go to the port.

Did you feel safe at the Fairfield Inn? I've read things on trip advisor about car break ins and it being in a bad neighborhood.

I've got a reservation here, but I'm wondering if I should change to Embassay Suites or hampton Inn, las olas. My only objection there is that they charge to park over night .

I want to stay at a Hilton, Marriott, Carlson or Holiday Inn property as those are the properties where I earn points.

Thanks for any help.

Cheryl

Thank you my fellow South Carolinian LuLu!!!

I'm leaning towards parking at the pier, now I just have to decide where to stay! I'm just not thrilled with Fairfield Inn.

Cheryl

Hi fellow South Carolinian Cheryl!

We drive down from Columbia and spend the night in Melbourne, FL at a full service Holiday Inn on I-95. Then drive on to FLL the next morning (about 2 and a half hours).

LuLu

Thanks LuLu!

We're going to be in Orlando for several days before the cruise (9/29), but I want to visit some friends in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our we cruise, so I wanted to stay near the port.

My daughter and family live in Columbia!

Cheryl

Lulu, do you reserve parking st cruise port or first come first serve? Approximate cost please? First time we've ever driven to a port but have daughter in Jacksonville si we will stay with her before then drive back to SC after cruise.

Lulu, do you reserve parking st cruise port or first come first serve? Approximate cost please? First time we've ever driven to a port but have daughter in Jacksonville si we will stay with her before then drive back to SC after cruise.

It's first come first serve but have never had a problem finding a place because there's lots of parking. It was $12 per day (nights your car spends there) but may now be $15.

Here's what happens when you get to FLL: At the entrance they'll want to see your drivers license or passport. There are signs with all of the ships there that day and the terminal gate for each. If confused, you can ask.

Once at your terminal gate, you go to baggage drop off area where porters take everything except your carry-ons to be taken to the ship. (Remember to have a tip ready for them.)

Then you go park your car.

There are port people directing traffic and telling you where to go.

Actually, it's easier that it sounds. :)

LuLu

The Fairfield inn on Griffin Road in Dania Beach. It is near the airport. It has a free shuttle from the airport but you have to pay to go to the port.

We have stayed at Fairfield twice and like it. There is a nice seafood restaurant walking distance from the hotel.

We've stayed there in the past, and left the car parked in their lot free while cruising. It's been a while since we did a FLL RT cruise, so not sure if this is still the case but a phone call would answer any questions.

The car was safe, it is a seemingly safe area within easy reach of restaurants and shopping as well, and the hotel was clean and breakfast (self-prep waffles among other things) tasty.

Free breakfast, free shuttle TO port, but taxi required (used to be approx $45-$50) to return to hotel for car.

Port parking is now $15/day.

Edited by GloriaF

We have stayed at Cambria suites in Dania beach several times and left our car there with the stay and cruise package. They have a shuttle to and from the cruise port. I think the shuttle was included with the price of the package. We have never had a problem with leaving our car there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums