Copenhagen cruise port confusion

I am confused about the names of the Copenhagen cruise terminals...

Is Freeport the same as Oceankaj C330???

I am trying to figure out where to tell the taxi driver to go to:o

TIA

This might help....

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Copenhagen

Specifically... "Freeport has multiple piers - Orientkaj (c252, c254), Levantkaj (c266), and Oceankaj (c330-c334). Oceankaj pier has been added for cruise ship use and is quite a bit further from the other piers so you may want to take a taxi if berthed here."

This might help....

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Copenhagen

Specifically... "Freeport has multiple piers - Orientkaj (c252, c254), Levantkaj (c266), and Oceankaj (c330-c334). Oceankaj pier has been added for cruise ship use and is quite a bit further from the other piers so you may want to take a taxi if berthed here."

Thank you so much!

We will be disembarking the Regal Princess in Copenhagen and flying to London. What is the earliest comfortable time for the flight to London. I assume 10:50 AM is too early to not have to stress about making the flight . Is that correct? Do you suggest taking the Princess transportation to the airport or are we better off taking a cab? Our cruise is in April 2015.

Edited by Alicomp
Posted in wrong thread

Copenhagen’s new Cruise Terminal, Oceankaj Quay 330, is where the larger cruise ships now make port. Open in spring 2014, this is the first year this port has been used. It is definitely not a smooth operation and both the city of Copenhagen and the cruise lines need to work together to improve it.

The public bus stop at the cruise terminal is Unicef and it is serviced by bus 26. It takes you straight through the center of town. There are two busses per hour at :13 and :53 minute after the hour and they only run until about 7pm. The S train makes a stop at Nordhavn St which is at the entrance to the Cruise Terminal but from there, it’s a 2 mile walk to the ship.

You forgot the special 26 shuttles that runs between Østerport Station (Sløjfen) and Oceankaj.

They run at least with 3 busses during the day so they don't have a timetable per se but runs all the time when they are full.

We were in Copenhagen July 7-8, 2014 on the Eurodam and there was no mention or sign of a special shuttle except the one for $24 round trip that I think was sponsored by Holland America (and that was only on the 7th).

Because or problems that happened on the 7th due to long lines and frustration by passengers, there was what appeared to be an official from the bus line at the bus stop on the 8th. He didn't mention any kind of shuttle, but starting after the 8:53 bus left, he did say repeatedly that another bus was due in 5 minutes. He even said it after the 9:13 bus arrived so maybe another was coming. We were at the bus stop from 8:25 until we got on the second bus at 9:13 and the regularly scheduled busses were the only ones we saw.

Are there enough taxi's waiting to bring you to the airport? Like in the cruiseport of Barcelona for exempel . When ship docs at 8, what time can you arrive at the airport??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were in Copenhagen July 7-8, 2014 on the Eurodam and there was no mention or sign of a special shuttle except the one for $24 round trip that I think was sponsored by Holland America (and that was only on the 7th).

Because or problems that happened on the 7th due to long lines and frustration by passengers, there was what appeared to be an official from the bus line at the bus stop on the 8th. He didn't mention any kind of shuttle, but starting after the 8:53 bus left, he did say repeatedly that another bus was due in 5 minutes. He even said it after the 9:13 bus arrived so maybe another was coming. We were at the bus stop from 8:25 until we got on the second bus at 9:13 and the regularly scheduled busses were the only ones we saw.

12. juni 2014 19:32 - 23. september 2014 00:30

Ekstrakørsel på linje 26 / Extra shuttle buses to and from the cruise ship terminal (bus 26)

Ekstrakørsel på linje 26 / Extra shuttle buses to and from the cruise ship terminal (bus 26) Linje 26 - Ekstrakørsel mellem Østerport St. og Oceankaj (Krydstogtsterminalen). Når krydstogtskibe lægger til ved Oceankaj (Krydstogtsterminalen) bliver der indsat ekstra bus mellem Østerport St. (Sløjfen ved Folke Bernadottes Allé) og Oceankaj (Krydstogtsterminalen). Bussen kører i pendulfart fra kl. 8 til 16. Bus 26 - When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will run between Østerport station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) from 8 AM until 4 PM.

Just a bit of info on bus 26, which I took a couple of days ago. If you look at google maps, the four berths run along Oceankaj, with 330 being, I believe, the furthest south. The bus departs from right in front of that terminal, on the road that intersects with Oceankaj -- Oceanvej, I believe. From the berths further north, it's actually a bit of a walk with luggage. Not that bad -- a few minutes and flat, but Oceankaj is a long street. From the berths to the north, you walk the length of two or three ships, plus a bit. Not bad and very flat, but FYI.

I thought about walking to Nordhavn, but with the bus, there just is no reason to do so. Either way, you're paying for transportation, so taking the bus to Oesterport is just way more convenient. One minor point, when you get to Oesterport, the bus doesn't exactly leave you at the front of the station. You are kind of to the side. You can either walk to the main entrance by going up the street or you can take a pedestrian bridge over the tracks. Lots of stairs if you do the latter. Trains to central station were frequent -- every few minutes. To CPH, more like every 15 or 20. Oesterport is a somewhat major station, so it took me a while to get my bearings and figure out the right track. Tell the driver of bus 26 where you are going, and he will sell you the ticket that is good for the number of zones covered by your trip so you don't need to buy anew ticket at the train station. I paid 26 DKK to Central Station. (Thought it would be 24, based on what I had read, but maybe the price has increased?)

I had not intended to take the bus. We took a cab with our luggage when disembarking, but left something behind on the ship, so I had to cab back from town. By the time I got it sorted out, there were no passengers left to disembark and thus no cabs, so I took the bus (plus I wanted to save the money anyway). It was a Saturday, and the Rick Steves book says no bus 26 on Saturday, but there it was. It may have been the special shuttle mentioned by Danish Viking.

Before our trip I read a lot about cab fares to these new berths. For what it's worth, with not much traffic from CPH to berth 330 and taking a very direct route it was 360 DKK, probably about 100 of which was after entering the port area. It's pretty far to these new berths.

Edited by Regguy