Copenhagen

I am going to need a hotel in Copenhagen for a couple of nights before our cruise. Looking for a nice hotel and one that would also be in close proximity (a few miles) from the cruise terminal. Can anyone offer any hotel recommendations?

Thanks,

Keith

I am going to need a hotel in Copenhagen for a couple of nights before our cruise. Looking for a nice hotel and one that would also be in close proximity (a few miles) from the cruise terminal. Can anyone offer any hotel recommendations?

Thanks,

Keith

Check out the Baltic board as there are a few threads relating to this question.The link is below.The SAS Radisson is a good bet across from Tivoli.I am also going to put the link in for Tripadvisor if you want to check some other's out.

Cruise Critic Message Boards - Baltic Ports

Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvi

Hi, Keith,

Kim gave you the best advice/resources.

I'll just add a few more considerations re: hotel selection in Copenhagen:

*the cruise ship port is a bit distant from city center, so you don't really want to focus on being near the port. You want to be located near the sites and attractions that interest you.

*Copenhagen will likely be the priciest venue on your entire itinerary...hotels, ground transportation and food, they're all high. We were there 2 weeks ago and had a glorious time, but were actually relieved when we departed for London, LOL, which as you know, is a very expensive city, too, but it's a heck of a lot easier to find cheap public transportation and food in London!

*based on the input we got from other CC's on the Baltics forum, we succeeded in getting the much-touted $95 Priceline room at the Marriott, and it was, in fact, a very satisfactory hotel stay. Coincidentally, I am online this a.m. researching their bedding--love those Euro feather beds!

Have a great trip.

The Langeline Docks (where the cruise ships dock) is really not that far from the center of town at all...We were just there on the Constellation and WALKED from the ship all the way down to the area around Tivoli and the Glyptotek Museum...So, if you are looking for something within a few miles of the pier, it's really not that hard...most hotels in central Copenhagen will do..

In 2001, when we sailed in and out of Copenhagen on the old Crown Princess, we stayed in a very nice little hotel that was recommended tome by a colleague at work: The Kong Arthur

http://www.kongarthur.dk/

4 star hotel in a residential neighborhood not far from Rosenborg Palace and a short walk to the Stroget and most of Copenhagen's attractions...We got it for a far lower price than the Radisson would have cost...

To clarify the confusion where cruise ships dock -- Star Princess docks at India Kaj which is away from town but the RCL and some others Dock at Langeline which is near town. So you need to check about your specific cruise ship. /Sultan

To clarify the confusion where cruise ships dock -- Star Princess docks at India Kaj which is away from town...

Sorry, wasn't aware of that...When I cruised on Princess in August 2001, we sailed out of Langeline...

I guess they must have changed piers...which is a pity...Langeline is SO close...

One thing I was extremely disappointed with in Princess was in their choice of facilities...The worst is using Nynashamn for Stockholm...Figure on cutting your Stockholm port time by over three hours and spending that time on a bus instead...and having all of your excursions cost an extra hundred dollars to account for the cost of the long bus ride...

Even so, I'd still stay near Central Copenhagen...you'll want to take in the nightlife there...stroll on the Stroget, dine at Nyhavn, visit Tivoli at night...A taxi ride the next day is still a taxi ride...won't matter that much if it's a 10 minute taxi ride or 30 minutes...

Archived