Symbols on deck plans

I'm looking at the Presidential Suite 6414 on the Freedom. I don't know what the last symbol is. (It's also on the other aft balconies). It's not on the symbol key:

Pres%20suite.JPG

symbols.JPG

Anyone know? (Probably Bob....):p

My guess is it symbolizes and obstructed view. I believe there is infrastructure on the aft of Freedom class ships like the Voyager class.

Obstructed view is correct.

Thank you both for the answer. It's been bugging me forever!

Bob, you must have been on a break as you weren't the first to answer....:rolleyes::D:p

The shadowed square symbol indicates that the view is obstructed... can be a small obstruction and they are typically listed as 'obstructed view' in the booking window when you choose a cabin when you book. In most cases, you cannot book the Presidential Suite online (I believe you have to book through an agent or through RCCL directly)... I would call to reserve and specifically ask what the obstruction is and how much whatever it is will block your view (they will be able to give you the percentage if you call).

Thank you both for the answer. It's been bugging me forever!

Bob, you must have been on a break as you weren't the first to answer....:rolleyes::D:p

I think he deliberately gives others the chance to answer first.... that way he can make the original responder feel good at giving the correct answer too :D

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I think he deliberately gives others the chance to answer first.... that way he can make the original responder feel good at giving the correct answer too :D

Thanks for the chuckle.:)

Freedom class has steel superstructure aft and also deck 6 has a solid deck that extends out to the rear of the ship that covers the crew deck area. You can not look down, only out or up. The last time we were in 7708,children in the PS on 6 were climbing over their railing and running around on that deck. After midday day 2 we did not see them out there anymore:rolleyes:

Edited by setsail

Not secret, just display the web page with the deck plan, and click on the link that says "Printable version of this deck".

Funny, that's where I was looking but never went to the printable version. There you go...it's those crack website developers at work again...(or not).