Vantage FlightChoice: Transfers?

FuelScience

We've scheduled a Vantage cruise for next year and are considering flying into Amsterdam a day or two early. If we use Vantage air, this would require using their FlightChoice service ($100 per person).

Does anyone know if Vantage would include transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship with the FlightChoice option? I have a call in to Vantage, but they haven't gotten back.

Thanks,

FuelScience

You have a very good question and I don't know the answer, even though I've done 6 trips with Vantage! Here is my advice: I love Vantage but they are, IMHO, notorious for not returning phone calls or e-mail. I complain about this on cruise critic and to them directly apparently without result. KEEP CALLING and don't be afraid to let them know you're angry. Ask to speak to a supervisor and don't take no for an answer. Good luck and once you're on your trip you will have a marvelous time, because travel wise, they really are fantastic, that's why I keep coming back for more!:D

Thanks HydroKitty. I did get back with Vantage, and apparently all transfers will be included.

BTW, how was your recent Gateway to the Black Sea cruise? Were you on the River Navigator? I'd love to hear about your trip, the ship, etc. If you've already written a summary/review, please post a link to it for those of us who are lazy.

FuelScience

Can't speak about flight arrangements with Vantage as we have never gone early. Like HydroKitty we also have done 6 trips with Vantage and have they have always been great. Last September/October we did their Best of Africa trip. You have to put that on your bucket list. What a fantastic experience. HydroKitty, have you done that yet???? Started out great and just got better and better. Only draw back was the long flight.....Our tour director was Keith Martyn...could not do enough for everyone. Willard

Can't speak about flight arrangements with Vantage as we have never gone early. Like HydroKitty we also have done 6 trips with Vantage and have they have always been great. Last September/October we did their Best of Africa trip. You have to put that on your bucket list. What a fantastic experience. HydroKitty, have you done that yet???? Started out great and just got better and better. Only draw back was the long flight.....Our tour director was Keith Martyn...could not do enough for everyone. Willard

Willard, looking at Africa now, only planning it with Odyssey. Trip is a little shorter than Vantage and spends more time at the places I really want to visit. Also came highly recommended from a travel companion who has walking issues similar to mine.

Thanks HydroKitty. I did get back with Vantage, and apparently all transfers will be included.

BTW, how was your recent Gateway to the Black Sea cruise? Were you on the River Navigator? I'd love to hear about your trip, the ship, etc. If you've already written a summary/review, please post a link to it for those of us who are lazy.

FuelScience

Yes we were on the Navigator for the third time and in the same cabin for the fourth time (first was on the Odyssey) anyway. Navigator is smaller than the new ships, which means only about 120 passengers, which I find a plus. I am not crazy about the new concierge (does nothing but wants expects the same tip as the TM, who does everything) system. I enjoyed Black Sea but I would not recommend it as your first Danube trip. Parts of the trip were outstanding: Prague, Bratislava, Veliko Turnovo and I would have liked to skip Constanta and spent more time in Bucharest, which is a beautiful city. Many of the places we visited were economic disaster areas, with ruins still clearly visible, but the people were very friendly and they really need the tourist income to rebuild.