attn: @Celebrity Cruises -- questionable business practices

LKN-NC

But it is the next sentence that describes your situation. You're requesting a new offer so prevailing rates apply.

and the prevailing rate that morning was ~$35 more per person, not the $200 I was charged. give me a break here, I'm not a newbie.

OP,

This is why I suggested a conference call with you, your TA and Resolutions, as well as y I u sending an email to the contactmichael@celebrity.com address.

Your TA should have kept a record of the day and time she spoke with Celebrity. They need to go back to the recording and pull the log. I agree that it absolutely should not have taken them 2 weeks to amend your reservation, and when they did, it should have been at the rate when the call was made, not the rate at the time they got around to it.

Good luck.

I have all 3 for our next cruise but it's Europe. I got the OBC & drinks onboard and then added grats when 123 came out

Is it that you didnt get all 3 of the 123, you got the OBC for booking onboard, plus the classic drinks for booking onboard, neither of which are part of the actual 123 promo, rather they are onboard booking perks. Then when the actual 123 promo started you chose one additional offer of the free grats. In essence the only 123 element you have is the free grats. I think that makes sense and may explain the OPs circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it that you didnt get all 3 of the 123, you got the OBC for booking onboard, plus the classic drinks for booking onboard, neither of which are part of the actual 123 promo, rather they are onboard booking perks. Then when the actual 123 promo started you chose one additional offer of the free grats. In essence the only 123 element you have is the free grats. I think that makes sense and may explain the OPs circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, I think the only onboard perk I kept is the OBC. With it being Europe, and the OBC portion is combinable, I got to pick two from the 123 offering (if that makes sense)

I think this thread clearly illustrates that Celebrity offers have become so confusing that no one understands them (and that includes celebrity cruise sales people both on the ships and on the ground). It's hard to understand if this is accidental or intentional confusion and fine print games. Since it's obviously been confusing for a while, I'm tending towards thinking it's someone trying "clever" marketing rather than trying to have clear, clean marketing programs.

I've been caught when trying to get a fare reduction to the price shown on celebrity's web site for a cruise.....because the celebrity web site showed only a (TA name excluded) fare....the site didn't show the celebrity price anywhere (and it was of course higher). So we have celebrity itself selling at special TA rates just to get around their price adjustment policy.

It's not clear how this particular situation will (or even should) resolve itself...but I think Celebrity has created a real mess....you decide if it's intentional or not.

(and while you're thinking about confusing terms and conditions, think about the stockholder benefit that's combinable with some fares and perks, but you have no way to know which ones (eg some but not all amex offers; some but not all group fare codes;....)).

Edited by ghstudio

My take is the blame belongs with your travel agent. Sorry. It seems like you were entitled, and the prevailing rate at the time you say wasn't that much more.

BUT, your reservation is with your travel agent not X. You should of had an email confirmation within minutes or soon after. If there was any discrepancy, there wouldn't have been any time lapse and time to correct. There is no excuse for your travel agent not giving you the confirmation with the updated booking information. I know this may sound harsh, but I think you need to share some blame with your travel agent. You should have been on him or her for that email

Unfortunately it's a hard lesson learned but get things in writing ASAP. I always make sure I have a confirmation after I make any changes to a reservation.

One other note. I know you said you cannot drop the 3rd offer but from my experience, there is always another rate if you do not go along with the current promotion. If I booked a cruise today on X website, the cruise rate would be more if I put in the offer code as opposed to not putting one in at all if that makes sense.

Hi Everyone,

As a reminder, the Celebrity rep is not here to answer booking related issues. Also, if you've booked via a TA, they are the only one who can resolve your issues, as they own the booking.

To the OP : In the past, I've noticed several posts stating to email questions to concerns@celebrity.com, so you may wish to try that route. I also like the contactmichael@celebrity.com as it often gets a response from Celebrity's executive team. I'm unsure if they will discuss a TA booking, but perhaps they can arrange a conference call.

I hope this is helpful. This thread is now closed.