Seaview Cafe

There's nothing special there - sandwiches, soups, etc all very average, "bar food" in a sense. I've never gotten the passion people show for it here, but it is a nice location with outdoor seating.

Edited by bouhunter

It appears as if the menu has changed...and not in a good way. I was on the Jewel in 2008 when the Seaview Cafe concept debuted. I really enjoyed it as it was primarily all seafood on the menu. I recall eating delicious crab fritters. Based on the menu Patti posted, it looks like grouper is the only fish/seafood dish available. I haven't heard much else about the Seaview Cafe on other ships. If they kept the original menu, I think it would have been more popular.

It appears as if the menu has changed...and not in a good way. I was on the Jewel in 2008 when the Seaview Cafe concept debuted. I really enjoyed it as it was primarily all seafood on the menu. I recall eating delicious crab fritters. Based on the menu Patti posted, it looks like grouper is the only fish/seafood dish available. I haven't heard much else about the Seaview Cafe on other ships. If they kept the original menu, I think it would have been more popular.

Bear in mind that the menu from Patti was from 2011, so it could be different now. Jewel is the only ship with Seaview.

I believe that the mostly seafood menu you describe was a short-lived change to the Seaview (Seafood Shack) menu that was quickly changed back to the original Seaview menu shown in Patti's attachment due to complaints from veteran Jewel cruisers. They, and we, obviously didn't agree that the seafood menu was an improvement. We met an officer on the Jewel who told us how he had to search the ship for the original Seaview menu boards, when they changed things back. 2016 still appears to be the date for the Jewel's revitalization. We especially enjoyed eating in the Seaview Cafe early in the cruise before many passengers discovered it. As much as we like many of the changes that were made to the other Radiance class ships, we miss the Seaview Cafe on them.

We board Aug 23rd for b2bs. We prefer Radiance class ships...our favorite on RCCL and wanted to get on Jewel before the refurb. Oasis/Allure definitely not for us. Was just curious if the menu had changed...no big deal.

The Seaview seems to be a very popular place to grab a meal on Jewel. What is a "must get" there?

Good service would be a start. They were slower than molasses in January when I was last on her in May.

We ate at the sea view yesterday, service was fine and the only seafood on the menu was the grouper salad and the fish and chips. Not many people were eating there during the cruise due to limited operating hours imo. Service was limited to the afternoon and late evening on port days (not open for lunch) and I did not see many people there during the sea day yesterday - which had longer hours.

We ate at the sea view yesterday, service was fine and the only seafood on the menu was the grouper salad and the fish and chips. Not many people were eating there during the cruise due to limited operating hours imo. Service was limited to the afternoon and late evening on port days (not open for lunch) and I did not see many people there during the sea day yesterday - which had longer hours.

Is it a fee paid restaurant?

The Seaview Café was at first a really nice venue on all the Radiance class ships. Great menu! When Brilliance went to the Med for two years or so, and came back to the states with a Med menu, which RCCL was hesitant to change, it kind of slipped away. One at a time, the Seaview Café left the Radiance class ships. JW now has the only Seaview Café at sea. Hoping it can remain on JW. A 2016 dry dock is planned for JW, Seaview Café may be gone at that time.

"RCCL, can we keep one Seaview Café for we loyal for many years cruisers?" Would love for her to remain on JW. Thank you."

Rick and Deirdra

Good service would be a start. They were slower than molasses in January when I was last on her in May.

Everything is cooked and made to order which will take longer. By the time we found a table and got drinks from the bar the food was delivered to our table shorty after that. Not a place to go if you are in a hurry.

Where is it on the Jewel? Hope it's more convenient than it was on the Radiance. Will Mom (who uses a walker) be able to make it to the Seaview on the Jewel? Not an easy thing to do when we were on the Radiance.

btw - did I miss the clam chowder on the menu? That was always a go-to on the Radiance. Maybe I just overlooked it. :confused:

Thanks!

Where is it on the Jewel? Hope it's more convenient than it was on the Radiance. Will Mom (who uses a walker) be able to make it to the Seaview on the Jewel? Not an easy thing to do when we were on the Radiance.

btw - did I miss the clam chowder on the menu? That was always a go-to on the Radiance. Maybe I just overlooked it. :confused:

Thanks!

It was in the same place on all Radiance class ships, deck 12, all the way aft.

Edited by clarea