Need your thoughts

kelly4126

They're were suppose to be 6 of us on cruise today. We booked two balcony and one inside cabin. Unfortunately my sister had a medical issue and cannot board she is doing ok now . My other sister asked to take her balcony since she had the inside cabin . Carnival said they have to pay for an upgrade . Is that right ? My sister has insurance through insuremytrip si I think she will be refunded so why wouldn't they let my other sister take her cabin??the cruise is today they can't sell it ??

Thoughts,

Kelly

Just get an extra key for the balcony room and give it to her. She'll not get any refund for the inside.

The concern with this response is that the sister who is a no-show is the owner of that cabin. If she doesn't show, I don't think Carnival would give the other sister a key.

Also since the sister with the medical issue has insurance, if the other sister takes her cabin, how much would the insurance reimburse her? For the balcony she booked or the inside that wasn't used?

Because of the issues this would create, I could understand why it would be tough to do. If there was no insurance involved, it might be a different story. Sorry OP, I think your sister is stuck in her inside cabin...